Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Entering "Extra Ref" when Generating an Invoice

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
stegglej
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Entering "Extra Ref" when Generating an Invoice

Post by stegglej » 10 Oct 2013, 08:11

I'm generating customer invoices in Sage (not just entering invoices in a batch report) and would like to add detail in each so that it shows up in "Extra Ref". For example, we invoice in advance for events we organize but need to recognize the revenue in the month of the event - I enter the month of the event in the Extra Ref field so I can identify when that revenue needs to be recognized.

However, I can't find a field when creating the invoice that then translates to the Extra Ref field. Any ideas whether this can be done and where to find it? At the moment, I'm just going into Corrections and editing the field after generating the invoice, but that's a bit inefficient.

I'm using Sage 50 2012.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Entering "Extra Ref" when Generating an Invoice

Post by brucedenney » 10 Oct 2013, 09:13

"Extra Ref" is not populated when you update the ledgers from the invoicing module.

It would seem to be a good idea if it was an option... the Line information field would seem a good choice. There are several update ledger options so should be do-able.

Add it to the wish list if you want. Wish List
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.