Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Multiple product codes

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
cal348
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Multiple product codes

Post by cal348 » 26 Sep 2013, 16:02

Is it possible to give a product several product codes. We currently order our products from several different suppliers and we end up with multiple entries of the same item with different supplier part numbers. I would like to have one product code but with several part numbers for ordering from different suppliers so that the stocktake will not care where it was ordered from. For example we may order Heinz Baked Beans from Asda one week then Tesco next week, both Asda and Tesco use different product codes so I have two product codes and therefore two items on the stocktake. I am using version V18.1.0.20 of Line 50. I hope this makes sense.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Multiple product codes

Post by brucedenney » 27 Sep 2013, 08:53

You can't have more than one supplier part number associated with a product.

What you could do....

Use a BOM to combine the 2 product codes into 1.

OR

Use one product and store the secondary supplier part number in a different field (eg Location, Web Category, Bar Code, something you don't need), have an identifier on the supplier record (eg analysis 1) to indicate which field the supplier part number is stored in and then in the layout for the purchase order, print either your part number, the Supplier Part number or the Other field based on a bunch of conditions.

You put all three field on the layout and you set all of them to have suppressprint set to true then you use condition properties

If purchase_ledger.analysis1 is blank then stock.stockcode suppressprint = no
If purchase_ledger.analysis1 is 1 then stock.supplier_part_number suppressprint = no
If purchase_ledger.analysis1 is 2 then stock.location suppressprint = no

Once you have them printing properly, put them all on top of each other in the layout as only one of them will ever print.

This works with a primary and secondary supplier, but if you have 10 suppliers you are not going to have enough fields. You will also have issues if a supplier is primary on oneproduct and secondary on another product.

I guess you could establish that by comparing the purchase ref on the product to the one on the purchase order.

If purchase_ledger.analysis1 is blank then stock.stockcode suppressprint = no
If purchase_order.account_ref is equal to stock.purchase_ref suppressprint = no
If purchase_order.account_ref is not equal to stock.purchase_ref suppressprint = no
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.