Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Customer Activity by month reports

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
welshal
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Customer Activity by month reports

Post by welshal » 07 Nov 2012, 12:15

Hi.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I can't find a relevant thread.

I'm looking into reports and the designer for Line 50 2011.

I can't find a standard report which shows customer activity shown as a total per calendar month.

There's an activity summary, but I then would have to export it to Excel and work on it there to group the invoices.

Also, if there is a standard Sage report, it will be easier to get a graph going...

Any help would be appreciated.

Alex.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Customer Activity by month reports

Post by brucedenney » 08 Nov 2012, 11:31

Hi Alex

The customer table keeps track of a balance for the previous month, but not individual months.

To do this report in the report designer is not viable, as effectively you want different dates in each of the columns each month.

The way to do this would be to create a pivot table in excel, using the invoicing module or the audit trail as its data source.

Personally I would create a sheet linked to the data source add on a column to calculate the month and then use that as the source for the pivot table, this is because pivot table grouping does not seem to work correctly for me with dates that are not in American format.

Your version of Excel may behave better than mine and work correctly.

hope this helps

Bruce
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

welshal
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by welshal » 17 Dec 2012, 15:47

Sorry Bruce, forgot to reply.

Thanks for that, I've no idea how to link Excel to the invoice table, but I can always try to find out.

Regards.

Alex.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 17 Dec 2012, 18:02

For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.