Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Bank Reconciliation

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
staceeb77
User
User
Sage Version: V11 UK/Europe/Africa

Bank Reconciliation

Post by staceeb77 » 18 Oct 2012, 13:38

Hi Guys, Or Bruce :)

I'm doing a bank rec and have come across an amateur problem! On the statement a certain payment has represented itself 4 times as being paid in, then it's gone out 3 times to make it just one payment, so when recording this as a receipt I only did it once. Now I'm faced with the problem of the statement not matching up to sage. How do I reflect this?

Thanks in advance :D

stacey

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Bank Reconciliation

Post by brucedenney » 18 Oct 2012, 16:58

There are 2 ways,

either post the receipt and claw backs as per the bank, so things are the same (a pain to have to enter multiple entries that do nothing overall, but the upside are things are exactly the same in Sage to the Bank)

Or

just match the final entry (not so good if the transactions straddle the bank statement end as the figures will not match)
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

staceeb77
User
User

Post by staceeb77 » 19 Oct 2012, 08:17

Right I'm quite basic with sage at the mo,

so you mean to do them as receipts and payments in and out of the Bank (1200) to match the statement?

What N/C would I have to use?

Thanks again :) x

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 19 Oct 2012, 15:24

Yes bank payments and receipts would do it.

the nominal doesn't really matter because they cancel each other out, however, miss-postings is typically set up for this sort of transaction where the net overall effect is nothing.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

staceeb77
User
User

Post by staceeb77 » 22 Oct 2012, 08:44

You're a star, thank you :) I can now catch up on a months worth of reconciling :) fun day for me today :-/ haha

Thanks again :)