Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Make Back Orders Show on GDN

Report design issues and solutions.
BeckeyB
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Make Back Orders Show on GDN

Post by BeckeyB » 11 Oct 2018, 15:15

Hi,

I hope this hasn't been asked before, I did a search but didn't find anything. This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing this right...! :shock:

I need to make the GDN in our Sage 50 v24 software show the items that are still to be despatched, as we have been having customers phone thinking we have missed the items off their delivery.

I can't find any help on this on the Sage help website, although I find that a nightmare to find anything relevant TBH.

Any help would be gratefully received :D

Many thanks,
Beckey.
Just keep swimming...

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Make Back Orders Show on GDN

Post by brucedenney » 16 Oct 2018, 13:41

The GDN is a separate table to the main table, typically you would not use a GDN but a delivery note, the delivery note is based on the SOP tables so can read how many were ordered shipped etc.

A GDN is a historical snapshot it knows noting of the order and what has happened to it, it is just about goods moving.

It may be possible to link the GDN to the Order Item table using something like the StockCode, however this is problematic if you get the same products twice on an order. You can't use the item number because item numbers can change.

My suggestion would be to use a Delivery Note
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

BeckeyB
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by BeckeyB » 19 Oct 2018, 15:08

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your reply. That's the best solution, and I now show the quantity remaining at the end of each line on our Delivery notes but can you please advise how I can get it to show lines for items that are not having any quantity despatched at time of printing but will be sent at a later date?

Thanks,
Beckey.
brucedenney wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 13:41 The GDN is a separate table to the main table, typically you would not use a GDN but a delivery note, the delivery note is based on the SOP tables so can read how many were ordered shipped etc.

A GDN is a historical snapshot it knows noting of the order and what has happened to it, it is just about goods moving.

It may be possible to link the GDN to the Order Item table using something like the StockCode, however this is problematic if you get the same products twice on an order. You can't use the item number because item numbers can change.

My suggestion would be to use a Delivery Note
Just keep swimming...

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 24 Oct 2018, 10:09

On the standard layout you need to change the filter

Code: Select all

SOP_ITEM.QTY_DESPATCH > 0.0 AND LETTER_TYPE.LETTER_TYPE = 7
to

Code: Select all

LETTER_TYPE.LETTER_TYPE = 7
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.