Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

GDN prints on several pages

Report design issues and solutions.
Metalbex
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

GDN prints on several pages

Post by Metalbex » 11 Jul 2018, 13:18

Hi,

I have been trying to amend the GDN to look the same as our Despatch Note.
However, it is now leaving the 1st page with no info and then printing one line of information per sheet. So, if we are despatching 2 products, the GDN is 3 pages.

I've tried to search other posts but have tried so many different things i'm getting confused and worried i'm going to muck it up beyond repair!

We are on Sage 50, version: 20.04.09.364...with Windows 10.
I have attached a file, I hope i've done it correctly.

Many thanks
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: GDN prints on several pages

Post by brucedenney » 11 Jul 2018, 13:54

Hi

There are a number of issues with the layout, however to directly address the issue you post about.

There is a hidden GDN_NUMBER header section in your report.

That section has the property Behaviour>Page Beak Before>True

So before that section prints there is a page break. The section may be hidden, but the page break before it is still there.

If you set the property Behaviour>Page Beak Before>False

This will resolve the issue.

You may also encounter large gaps between lines due to the very large details section, I would shrink that down to be just one line.

You are also using the Delivery Address method to select different addresses according to customer preferences, in general, few people really use these and I frequently find data sets where some customers do not have the preferences properly set (I think it is an upgrade bug) I tend to rip the table out of these reports, remove the Letter Filter and rpelace the delivery Address fields with the field out of the SALES_LEDGER table.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Metalbex
User
User

Post by Metalbex » 13 Jul 2018, 11:03

Brilliant, managed to sort the page break issue, thankyou!

As for the large gaps in the details section...how do i reduce this?
As you said, there is a gap between each line but i can't work out where to amend this.

Metalbex
User
User

Post by Metalbex » 13 Jul 2018, 11:12

Don't worry, i've sussed it....thankyou very much for your help, you saved my sanity!