Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Can't find / create layouts in quote module

Report design issues and solutions.
Joe_Haddad
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Can't find / create layouts in quote module

Post by Joe_Haddad » 27 Mar 2018, 15:09

Hi,

I've been spending days trying to design a layout for use in open quotations and simply can't. I've tried using another companies existing layout and modifying it but the quote > print > layout selection screen won't see the file.

I've tried to create a new one from scratch but the options that are available in the layout creator tool for Sales Orders (ORDER_QUOTE, ORDER_NUMBER, STOCK_CODE, etc) aren't available in the layouts given to me when I select New.

If I make a new sales order layout then try to load that, it is not visible. The Settings > Invoice & order defaults is set to convert quotes to Sales Orders as well.

Basically I can't find a way to print a quotation (from an open quote that is not Won) which isn't based off the Invoice type of layout and not suitable.

Any ideas? What is the default intended layout template Sage wants you to use?

Edit:

specifically, the options available in the Expressions data field are different as the set available are for invoices and not sales orders

Thanks,

Joe

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Can't find / create layouts in quote module

Post by brucedenney » 27 Mar 2018, 15:44

Quotes do not really exist!

They are either a type of invoice or a type of sales order so that is where you need to make the report or layout from.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Joe_Haddad
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Can't find / create layouts in quote module

Post by Joe_Haddad » 28 Mar 2018, 07:54

Thanks very much, I changed to sales order and recreated the template from scratch and it's OK it seems