Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Statements O/S to Excel Help

Report design issues and solutions.
pauljj
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Statements O/S to Excel Help

Post by pauljj » 08 Mar 2018, 12:04

Hi Bruce,
Sage v24

When i export a basic customer Outstanding Statement via the Data To Excel function, i see each itemised line on the invoice with it's price.

what i am attempting to do is to produce an excel sheet that will show the Invoice/Credit number, Customer name, customer PO ref and the gross amount for that invoice/credit.

I have managed to include the customer order ref and the joins are in place.

When i preview the report i can see the data i want without each "TransactionItemised.ForeignAgedAmount"
i've literally removed all debit and credit fields and just left the "AUDIT_HEADER.FOREIGN_AGED_BALANCE" on the report and i'm still seeing the splits.

Any ideas?

pauljj
User
User

Re: Statements O/S to Excel Help

Post by pauljj » 08 Mar 2018, 12:38

Think i have sorted it, i pulled out Audit Splits headers and footers , and changed the report filter expression from AUDIT_SPLIT to AUDIT_HEADER

AUDIT_HEADER.FOREIGN_AGED_BALANCE <> 0 AND AUDIT_HEADER.INV_REF NOT LIKE "REVAL"

So after removing some hidden headers and footers , i created a group of my own
AUDIT_HEADER_INV_REF
Put my fields into that

So, what i have now is
ACCOUNT_REF header
AUDIT_HEADER_INV_REF header
AUDIT_HEADER_INV_REF footer
ACCOUNT_REF footer

and that's it, so now when i export to excel it's removed the invoice line items and just shows the gross amount for the invoice number, with the customer order reference. Happy days :)

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 08 Mar 2018, 12:46

Actually, forgot to ask, does anyone know how to re-order the fx fields in the report explorer?
a bit like defining a tab order in say access reports ?
this should then export the columns in order to excel, as they aren't at the moment.
And also , how to have an expression field export aswell ?

Thanks
Paul

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 09 Mar 2018, 07:49

You might be better off using odbc and pulling the data from sage into excel, rather than using reports and pushing data to excel.

If you remove all the splits then splits will not be there.

It is unclear how you are exporting to excel are you saving this as an excel file?
If so you can move the fields in the report and they will be in different positions in the output.
If you are saving as CSV then there is a property on each field to give the order.

Can you post your report so far and I will see what I can do to help.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.