Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Could not load file o

Report design issues and solutions.
pauljj
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Could not load file o

Post by pauljj » 18 Jan 2018, 15:34

Hi Bruce,

Just wondered if you have come across this error?
I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit, and now running v24 of Sage 50. (error existed before the upgrade)

So, I'm in the Practice Company and have been testing new layouts and reports.
I have copied all my required documents to the new 2018 folder for Sage on my C Drive, and I can get them to run ok.
Until I come to re-run , not just one, but every different type of layout/report thereafter.

I have attached a screen shot to show you the full error code. My IT Dept and Sage support have done the usual things of uninstalling, reinstalling, looked at the .Net setup, and they are scratching their heads too.

The only things I know that have changed since I was error free are , a new network printer, office 365, and a big windows 10 update not so long ago.
The example shows running a layout from a purchase order via Print Preview. I can also be in a PO and attempt to say Print the GRN and I will get the same issue. This can also happen when I choose the Print, Quick Print and Email buttons on the taskbar without having to go into the dialog route.

any ideas? or do you need more information ?
Capture.JPG
Many Thanks
Paul
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Could not load file o

Post by brucedenney » 18 Jan 2018, 16:24

Do you get an issue if you run one of the standard reports that you have not copied into the practice data set?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 19 Jan 2018, 11:10

Printer selections and some driver settings eg the tray or the number of copies can be saved in reports. If you reference a non existant printer that can cause issues, however you should be able to run to preview and select/reselect a valid printer (when you do so and close the preview it asks if you want to save the changes, these are the driver changes) we see this sometimes where different users want to use different printers and not the default for their PC at the time.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 19 Jan 2018, 12:36

brucedenney wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 16:24 Do you get an issue if you run one of the standard reports that you have not copied into the practice data set?
Hi Bruce,

I've just run my first non imported standard report and have had the error straight away. As i mentioned, i would usually only get this after i'd run my new imports.

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 19 Jan 2018, 12:38

brucedenney wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 11:10 Printer selections and some driver settings eg the tray or the number of copies can be saved in reports. If you reference a non existant printer that can cause issues, however you should be able to run to preview and select/reselect a valid printer (when you do so and close the preview it asks if you want to save the changes, these are the driver changes) we see this sometimes where different users want to use different printers and not the default for their PC at the time.
If i'm looking at the is correctly - i went to edit a report, looked at the Print settings and also through Tools-Options and both paths showed the network printer. Is there something specific i could be looking at ?
Thanks
Paul

addendum - I think i have worked out your suggestion of the "saving in the report", so within the report and it's properties, in the right hand pane for me. there are no Multi-Printer settings selected as such, the fields are blank right now. Although on the Email settings, they were set to MAPI and we use Outlook, So, i'll change those and see if that helps on that issue.

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 19 Jan 2018, 13:34

Hi Bruce ,

While i fully don't understand what the error is, i followed the file path the error is throwing up to this point:

C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\2OVAH5HM.443\6KGKPOV8.Y3O

and then the next part stan..tion etc is not in the folder at all (?) So , it can't call something that's not there?
Capture2.JPG
I'm guessing it should be ?
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 23 Jan 2018, 16:53

If you are getting issues, with standard reports then, there is an installation issue.

A clean reinstall as outlined here should cure any issues.

http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-50 ... nstall.htm

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 15 Feb 2018, 11:40

Hi Bruce, thought i would just update with how the issue was resolved.

Several reinstallations of sage, with updates,didn't work.
We reinstalled the .NET framework, along with sage - didn't work

So, my PC was basically backed up, wiped and rebuilt (extreme) worked.

Straight after taking delivery of my newly built machine, i was talking with sage re another similar issue on another PC, during that conversation it came up that we use Team-viewer for remote access. I wasn't running the program at the time, but the Service was running in the background and on startup. So, we disabled that on my colleagues PC and hey presto , it worked.

Sage said this is a known issue that they are working on.
http://www.sage.co.uk/asksage/viewartic ... 31&DIV=SBD

If anyone suffers this issue, hope this helps, we will be losing team-viewer while this issue exists and will switch over to something like web-ex, sage use that in their online chat. There are many others out there so we shall see.
Thanks for all your feedback and help again.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 15 Feb 2018, 15:50

That old chestnut...

But it affect all report sin all companies as I understood it, you were only getting them in one.