Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

GDN Report produces multiple pages for a single data line

Report design issues and solutions.
pauljj
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: GDN Report produces multiple pages for a single data line

Post by pauljj » 28 Jun 2017, 14:59

Hi, yes that default was not setup, i have done that now, ran it again but still getting 7 repeats of the same data line. I took out the communication table join and the report produced the same single service data line over 6 pages :shock: so, i've put that link back in for now. Anything else i can check ?

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 29 Jun 2017, 12:59

Hi Bruce,

I found your post viewtopic.php?t=2334#p7235 which discusses the very issue i'm having relating to the service lines, sadly it looks like it wasn't resolved from the user who raised the query.

The templates attached to the post don't open now, i'm guessing because they were uploaded in 2013.

Did you ever find a solution?
What i am doing currently is looking at the SOPPLAINA4LAYOUT file on my side, and working through the headers and footers etc to see if there are any differences, i did find a non-visible ITEM_NUMBER Header that had
SOP_ITEM.SERVICE_FLAG and SOP_ITEM.STOCK_CODE in them, which i did not have, my corresponding header was there as non-visible but had no fields inside, so i have copied them over , re-run, but i'm still seeing the same data lines repeated 7 times. Oh yes, i have also added the TEXT and DESCRIPTION fields into the Details section. Again, the repeated data is still happening.
Login to access the files attached to this post.

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 30 Jun 2017, 08:04

Hi Bruce,

Well i'm not sure why this is an issue but, i was trying to figure out why the data was being displayed an extra 6 times in addition to the single entry i want to see. So, i looked at the report and the only thing i could see that could potentially trigger an extra 6 entries is the address, NAME + ADDRESS (x5).
So currently i have my "Billing Address" pulling from SALES_DEL_ADDR.NAME.
I took all the fields out and voila ! i am now left with the single service data entry line i'm expecting to see, any light you could shed on this as to why that's a thing ?

What i'll do now is look at pulling the customers registered address from another source and see what happens.

... So, i replaced the address information to pull from the same table as the delivery address which is the SALES_ORDER table and it has worked. I'm not sure if this will cause any other issues downtrack, but i'm certainly happy right now :)

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 30 Jun 2017, 10:37

I have attached your last version but with the addition of the filter as I suggested and it works fine for me.

Can you just try it, perhaps you didn't set the filter correctly?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 30 Jun 2017, 11:18

Hi,

I replaced your file to the default and ran - but i get the error no data could be returned, i changed the data source to my version 22 just to be sure, i had tried that filter but nothing runs, as soon as i take it out, it works (??)

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 30 Jun 2017, 11:31

Has the customer got a default address set for GDN/GRN
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 30 Jun 2017, 11:34

Yes they do, i updated all of them the other day

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 30 Jun 2017, 11:37

Here is the same thing, but with all the communications address tables and filter ripped out.

This makes it more simple, but it will not support different addresses for different purposes, it will just the the account address.

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 30 Jun 2017, 12:41

Yes that's worked ! when you say "it will not support different addresses for different purposes, it will just the the account address." i'm unsure what that means exactly?

Also, can i use this report now for the DELPLAINA4 Layout used for producing notes via the Despatch Notes process. I copied it over to see if it would work, and while all the data looks correct , the right amount of data lines on the right amount of pages, what it does do, is produce is all the despatch notes associated to the sales order. So, if i have 10 despatches i get all 10 notes.

Is there something i can change easily enough? I'm working without the LETTER.TYPE FILTER as per your last sample.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 03 Jul 2017, 14:03

If you go to "Customer Record" > "Addresses and Contacts" > "Preferences"

Here you will see how you can set up different email addresses for different purposes, these populate the LETTER_TYPE table,

LETTER_TYPE
1 Reminder
2 Warning
3 Legal threat
4 Statements
5 Orders/Quotes
6 Invoice/Credits
7 GDN/GRN
8 Remittances
9 Default Letter

So when you did not apply a filter, each letter type was returned along with all the other data and you had duplication.

There is no GDN table entry until after the delivery note is made so you can not reuse.