Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Multi-Page Footers Dilemma

Report design issues and solutions.
RR-AS
User
User
Sage Version: v2017 23 UK/Europe/Africa

Multi-Page Footers Dilemma

Post by RR-AS » 07 Mar 2017, 15:45

Hello, I wanted to know if this was doable?

When an invoice runs over multiple pages I don't want the blank space from the INVOICE_NUMBER Footer on each page. I have turned on 'allow overlap', but that cuts off the page footer, which I need on every page. Turning off the 'align to bottom' works, however, it means my INVOICE_NUMBER Footer no longer sits nicely at the bottom of the last page. Is there any way I can get around this?

(So in theory I would like: The page footer on each page, the invoice items taking up the whole page (i.e. no space left for INVOICE_NUMBER Footer) BUT the INVOICE_NUMBER Footer sitting nicely at the bottom on the last page, even if there's white space above it.)

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Multi-Page Footers Dilemma

Post by brucedenney » 08 Mar 2017, 10:45

I have played with this in the past and not been successful.

It would be very interesting to see if it could be done.

The layout if is did work as designed it could end up filling a whole page and then produce a page with nothing but the footer on.

I have seen alternative footers used, on remittance/cheques for example, where on all but the last page they print different things, in that scenario voiding the cheques on all but the final page.

What you might be able to do is to have a filter that suppresses printing of the footer, unless it is the last page. As I say, I have tried in the past and given up.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

RR-AS
User
User
Sage Version: v2017 23 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Multi-Page Footers Dilemma

Post by RR-AS » 08 Mar 2017, 13:41

Hi Bruce,

Thank you very much for your reply - seems it isn't feasible then. That's okay, for now I've just put the footer on each page so at least there isn't a big gap at the bottom anymore. As most of our invoices are one page only anyway I think this will work fine for the rare times it's needed.

Bearing in mind that I only started messing around with report designer last month and it is my first program of the kind I doubt I'll be finding an answer when you haven't been able to. :lol:

(EDIT: I did put the INVOICE_NUMBER Footer into the page footer and then I minimised the INVOICE_NUMBER Footer as hiding it completely messed up my emailing. Whether this was the easiest way to do the above or not I don't know. But it all works and looks okay so I'm happy enough with that!)