Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Multiple "Details" sections

Report design issues and solutions.
owen_legend
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

Multiple "Details" sections

Post by owen_legend » 05 Jan 2017, 15:00

Hey,

Is it possible to have 2 "details" sections on a report.

What I want is 1 "details" section with a filter that only displays lines with stock code "M" then a break section with text and then another "details" section further down the page with a filter that only displays lines with stock code "S3".

Is this a possibility as I'm struggling?

Hope this makes sense

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Multiple "Details" sections

Post by brucedenney » 05 Jan 2017, 16:54

You can not have multiple details sections, but you can have what you want (I Think).

You would need to group things so that the lines instead of being printed in item number order get printed in either
Stock Code order so product codes are in alphabetical order.
Or by the SERVICE_FLAG so service items come first or last.

Which one to do depends on what you want to happen if you have Product Items with other codes.

The text on service lines (Including S3) is a field called TEXT and on product lines (Including M) it is called DESCRIPTION
So you need 2 sections to print each, typically this is done with ITEM_NUMBER Footers this is the normal sage format so you probably have these already.

So the Structure is
INVOICE_NUMBER
>>>>STOCK_CODE or SERVICE_FLAG
>>>>>>>ITEM_NUMBER

So if you add a SERVICE_FLAG section and put that between INVOICE_NUMBER and ITEM_NUMBER it should work
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

owen_legend
User
User

Post by owen_legend » 06 Jan 2017, 12:44

hey Bruce,

thanks for the response,

Perhaps it will be easier to illustrate what I am looking to do:

This is an example snippet of the report I want to generate - under "Check your order" - I want another list of lines from the sales order lines where the product code is "M".

Under "Check your invoice" plan there is a list of lines with product code "S3" as below

I can figure out the data stuff it's just the structure i'm struggling with - I'm not sure it's possible

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 06 Jan 2017, 16:33

Here we go...rough and ready proof of concept using the standard invoice as a basis.

the Invoice Details... I have also used comment lines on my M lines
Invoice.png
the report designer layout

I have added the group and moved it to have it structure, dropped the footer, kept the header with different text boxes for each section, using conditional formatting to only show one, for production, I would put them on top of each other so they print in the same space, I have left them offset so you can see how it was done..
layout.png
Finally the print result.
Print.png
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 06 Jan 2017, 16:36

Here is the sample layout
Login to access the files attached to this post.

owen_legend
User
User

Post by owen_legend » 09 Jan 2017, 15:47

Hi Bruce, that looks fantastic thanks for the help!

I suspected that it would involve repeating the same section and overlaying text but wasn't sure on how to implement as the report designer isn't the most intuitive.

I'll try this later today and let you know the results!