Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Printer driver settings.

Report design issues and solutions.
tomvassie
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

Printer driver settings.

Post by tomvassie » 14 Dec 2016, 15:46

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to Sage and the report designer but it's going well so far!

I have a slight issue that's bugging me.
In report designer, I have my own invoice (modified the A4 inv/crd Discount - Plain Paper)
In Page Setup/Printer I can change the paper source, weight and size and when I save the report it all saves with it, however if I change the colour option to grayscale it does not save this setting with the report?
Should this be possible?

Thanks Tom.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Printer driver settings.

Post by brucedenney » 14 Dec 2016, 16:54

What settings get saved are partial, trays, printer, but not more details like that.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

tomvassie
User
User

Post by tomvassie » 14 Dec 2016, 17:20

Thanks for a quick reply,
That's a bit of a pain! I thought that would be case though.

One other little problem I have is this:
When I use the email invoice option (not the one in the print list) to attach multiple invoices to emails (all different customers) my report pdfs all the invoice as one and just creates one email? If I use the default invoice I modified it creates an emaill per customer and attaches the correct invoice to it!

I can't figure out what I've done to change this!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 14 Dec 2016, 18:56

You need to change the grouping on the email settings.

Have a look at the guide I wrote, in the bit that says "email should contain" you need to change from entire report to the Customer footer section(assuming you structured it to have a customer grouping in order to get them all on one email) or the Invoice Number Footer if you are trying to get back to normal behaviour.

If you have problems do a new separate post here and I will see what I can do.

Link to guide http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-50 ... eports.htm
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

tomvassie
User
User

Post by tomvassie » 14 Dec 2016, 21:02

Ahh yes!
I think I have changed this, I'll have a read through your post and see what I've changed in the morning!

Thanks for your help and great forum. Great to see people willing to help even when it may be something obvious to everyone else!
Cheers Tom.