Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Nominal activity with bank rec date

Report design issues and solutions.
globallunacy
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Nominal activity with bank rec date

Post by globallunacy » 26 Nov 2016, 12:09

Hi, I'm trying to recreate a report I designed years ago. It is simply the NOMACT report with a column giving the date the transaction was reconciled in the bank. I put in the variable but it only displays the variable name on the report, not a value.

I use it for accounts year ends to pick up any discrepancys in the bank rec as the retrospective reports are a bit iffy.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Nominal activity with bank rec date

Post by brucedenney » 28 Nov 2016, 18:06

I suspect you added a text box and typed the name of the variable in there.

Try adding the variable and picking it from the list or attach your layout to a response and I will look at it.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

globallunacy
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by globallunacy » 01 Dec 2016, 22:12

I've tried copying the variable from the audit trail and pasting in, I've also tried finding the variable called AUDIT_HEADER.DATE_BANK_RECONCILED when I'm adding a data field or an expression.

This explanation may make it obvious that I'm no expert with report designer and the last time I created this report was ten years ago (I didnt make notes!!)

file is shared on MS onedrive here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtTcSrPoAEJN6iabqnUwcfJpjNAt

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 07 Dec 2016, 12:46

As I suspected you have typed the words into a text field.

There is another issue in that the report is Based on the AUDIT_JOURNAL table and this does not have the bank reconciled date available.

It does have the Bank Reconciled Flag, but not the Date.

As you need the Date, then you need to link in the AUDIT_HEADER table as well which is a bit more complicated and you seem to be having difficulty already.

I shouldn't really do it for you because the idea is to help you grow your skills, but I have made an exception, see attached.
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.