Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Saving Reports when accessing Sage through Citrix

Report design issues and solutions.
philthfc
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Saving Reports when accessing Sage through Citrix

Post by philthfc » 21 Aug 2016, 20:14

Hi,

We are starting to use Sage 50 Essentials Pro in my workplace and I am creating some reports which I need other users to be able to run.

Problem I see with this is that we are access the product through a Citrix environment, when I edit a report and click save as, it will allow me to save in what appears to be the data path file - I am not at work currently but if I recall the path is something like programfiles/sage/bankreports/mybankreports (there is more to it than this but that is similar), I can save the file in there but when you go into the reports section the report does not show.

Now having done some googling I believe this is because we do not have 'data file for reports' ticked in company preferences, however unfortunately when I tick this and then try to enter a report section in ay of the modules I get a message along the lines of "cannot access file path".

At first I found this strange as because it had allowed me to save a file into the My Bank Reports section I thought that we could clearly access the data file from our citrix environment, however if I try to get to this file path via 'open' in the reports designer instead of 'save as' I do not seem to be able to get to the Sage and subsequent Reports folders. Which I assume is why reports do not work as soon as we tick the data file for reports tickbox?

Is there any easy way round this, is the only way to share reports with other users to make sure they have 'data file for reports' ticked?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Saving Reports when accessing Sage through Citrix

Post by brucedenney » 23 Aug 2016, 09:39

There are 2 places were reports can be saved.

You need to establish which one your installation is using.

Settings>Company Preferences>Reporting>Use Data path for reports

If you use the data path then the root report directory is the REPORTS directory that is the sibling to your ACCDATA directory

Otherwise it is sub directory of your settings directory \2012\Company.000\Reports

e.g.
C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts\2012\Company.000\Reports
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.