Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

looking for a report

Report design issues and solutions.
sbrown1264
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

looking for a report

Post by sbrown1264 » 30 Jun 2016, 10:47

Hi

I want to choose 5 suppliers and print out a monthly breakdown report, very similar to the P&L monthly breakdown report, is there one for this?

Regards

Stephen

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: looking for a report

Post by brucedenney » 30 Jun 2016, 11:13

There is no Profit and Loss associated with a supplier, it is all expense.

Can you clarify what you want to see broken down.

If you are wanting to analyse Supplier Expenditure by nominal code for a period, then you would need to write your own report (or hire a friendly face to do it for you) :P

Once you have a report, you could run it against randomly screen selected supplier accounts or you could filter them by some sort of criteria (analysis codes?) to only show the suppliers you want.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sbrown1264
User
User

Post by sbrown1264 » 30 Jun 2016, 11:52

I am looking for a monthly breakdown of 5 suppliers costs, so it would show jan to dec with the figures underneath, only supplier invoice amounts

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 30 Jun 2016, 12:19

There is nothing pre-written.

I think that would be doable, there are monthly bucket values for invoice each period, however, as with the P&L report this would be for the financial year, so in the first months there are a lot of empty columns.

Here is something I knocked up as an example which should get you going.
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sbrown1264
User
User

Post by sbrown1264 » 03 Jul 2016, 10:34

Thank you very much, exactly what I was looking for.

Stephen

sbrown1264
User
User

Post by sbrown1264 » 07 Jul 2016, 16:58

Sage has just released its July report, which is exactly what I was looking for, except it is for customers and not suppliers. If I try to edit it, it does not allow you to change it from sales ledger to purchase ledger, so it will not pick up the suppliers ref?

Regards

Stephen

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 08 Jul 2016, 09:49

Use mine then.

sbrown1264
User
User

Post by sbrown1264 » 21 Jul 2016, 09:10

Hi

I am trying to add a total column to the bottom of your report, I am banging my head against a brick wall, can you please advise how I do this?

Stephen

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Jul 2016, 15:15

Copy the filed you want, move it to the footer section, set the function to sum, set the reset section to the section you have put it in.

sbrown1264
User
User

Post by sbrown1264 » 21 Jul 2016, 15:55

thank you very much, works a treat, so now I have a monthly total at the bottom for all my suppliers. If I wanted a running total at the end of month 12 for each individual supplier how would I add that?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Jul 2016, 19:30

Not sure what you mean