Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Transferring company data to new sage

Report design issues and solutions.
LisaBNC
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Transferring company data to new sage

Post by LisaBNC » 29 May 2016, 13:01

I'm in the process of ending the use of one sage system and want to begin trading under a new company name as soon as possible having changed from sole trader to LTD company recently.

The products and services have been revamped and added as new however all the customers, suppliers, bank accounts are the same.

I'm struggling to retrieve the correct data from the old sage company so that I can input it into the new company.

Initially I thought I could use the import facility within sage however this does not transfer in the sales receipts or purchase payments.

I was then advised just to use the opening balances however this does not seem to balance the nominal codes..

Does anyone know what I'm missing and can you suggest a possible way forward please?

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Transferring company data to new sage

Post by brucedenney » 02 Jun 2016, 11:14

Use opening balances and then do a journal to correct the TB afterwards
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.