Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Formatting an invoice layout for vertical sections

Report design issues and solutions.
stegglej
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Formatting an invoice layout for vertical sections

Post by stegglej » 20 Apr 2016, 15:03

Hi, my company is currently re-branding and wants our invoices to be laid out in a very specific way with invoice header data (invoice no., customer details, date,etc) along the left hand side, and the invoice details (item description, amounts, etc) to the center-right, but both sections aligned along the same horizontal line (with the letterhead at the top). So, ideally I'd be able to format the layout in vertical sections rather than just horizontal sections.

I saw in a different post it was suggested to create a template underlying the layout to allow for vertical formatting. I tried doing that and pulled in the invoice data I need to be vertically positioned, but when I ran the invoice layout using the template, it doesn't pull the data but gives me the following:

Sage.Reportin
g.Engine.Mode
W.DateTimePro
perties

My primary question is how can I vertically align invoice data in an invoice layout. If it's by using a template, then what am I doing wrong/how can I do that?

Thanks!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Formatting an invoice layout for vertical sections

Post by brucedenney » 21 Apr 2016, 09:25

It is unclear what you are trying to do.

If you are trying to do both vertical and horizontal text from data fields on one layout it is not possible.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.