Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sage 50 Label Printing Issue

Report design issues and solutions.
aadilp123
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

Sage 50 Label Printing Issue

Post by aadilp123 » 13 Apr 2016, 08:31

Hi,

I am having problems printing labels - I am printing labels from Invoices. In one invoice there will be multiple items with multiple quantities. The labels will print however when a particular item has multiple quantities - I want it to print that particular label out in that quantity rather than just once and show Quantity X
For example, If I had one invoice with 24 bars of chocolate. I want Sage to print 24 labels rather than one label with Quantity 24.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sage 50 Label Printing Issue

Post by brucedenney » 13 Apr 2016, 09:03

To my knowledge Sage does not offer that sort of functionality in the report designer.

I guess I would describe it as setting the number of copies of a label to a variable.

The number of rows of data returned from the table is one per invoice item on the invoice, you need to somehow make that into the qty ordered rather than just one.

Thoughts.
=========
I have seen label printing software that you can pass the number of a labels you want and it takes care of the rest.

I guess in Excel one could make a formula to repeat lines the number of times needed. I seem to recall having done this in the past to make multiple labels.

Another option might be to make say 10 labels each in a footer and then suppress printing of the 2nd footer if Qty < 2 of the 3rd footer if Qty <3 and so on.

It would be verbose, but might work...

What sort of labels are you using? Sheets where you have to give starting position in the matrix or continuous labels or something else
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

aadilp123
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by aadilp123 » 13 Apr 2016, 09:49

Yes Ive just been on chat to Sage and they have also told me it is not possible.
I have now come to terms with report designer and managed to create a simple report to export the label data quickly into excel.
I will then export this table to the Mailings option on Word and create my table this way?
Can anyone elaborate onto how I can get Word to duplicate labels depending on quantity - and the label to show 1/10, 2/10, 3/10 etc

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 21 Apr 2016, 09:23

I think this is what I was saying, the problem is one of data structure.

I have seen 3rd party software that takes a csv file with lines of text and numbers of labels to print. I would look to find that sort of solution.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.