Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Expression for VAT included price

Report design issues and solutions.
chocolate.simmental
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Expression for VAT included price

Post by chocolate.simmental » 03 Feb 2016, 09:54

hi,
wondering if someone can help cos I am just about going insane with this!
I have a label i have designed for our products and it shows various bits of information including the price. however, i want it to show the price including vat which at the moment it just shows the price excluding vat.
so i currently have "STOCK.SALES_PRICE" in there
i have tried numerous different expressions to have this figure but with 20% added on but it wont seem to let me!
would very much appreciate if someone can help by giving me at least some clue as to what im doing wrong!!
many thanks in advance :roll:

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Expression for VAT included price

Post by brucedenney » 03 Feb 2016, 14:14

have you tried

STOCK.SALES_PRICE*1.2
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

chocolate.simmental
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by chocolate.simmental » 03 Feb 2016, 14:41

thank you thank you thank you! it worked!!! :)

Hanban
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Hanban » 10 Mar 2017, 12:32

I'm having this same issue, I need a product price including VAT. Our Sage V22 does not give me the option of variable that has been suggested in this post :( All I can find is SALES_PRICE. Would be very appreciative if someone could suggest a solution for me. Thanks!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 10 Mar 2017, 12:49

SALES_PRICE exists in several tables.

So on the invoice items, on the sales order item and in the stock table the same field exists.

The way we express which one we are talking about is done by prefixing it with the name of the table.

In the above example we were using the price from the STOCK table. so we call it STOCK.SALES_PRICE
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Hanban
User
User

Post by Hanban » 10 Mar 2017, 13:02

OK, I've got you! I have just edited the code to the before mentioned suggestion and it works!
Thank you so much for this post. It has saved my life! :D

Hanban
User
User

Post by Hanban » 10 Mar 2017, 13:32

Just working with this now and it adds VAT onto products that are zero rated. Is there another way to do this? I am making price labels, some items we sell include VAT and others do not include VAT.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 12 Apr 2017, 11:10

You could make it conditional on the default Tax Code of the product being T1