Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Separator lines in Sage Line 50 quotation

Report design issues and solutions.
OLDandPR0UD
User
User
Sage Version: v2007 13 UK/Europe/Africa

Separator lines in Sage Line 50 quotation

Post by OLDandPR0UD » 22 Sep 2015, 09:27

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum but not a total newbie so know the standard forum etiquette.

I currently own Sage Line 50 V13.02 for standard sales order processing & a separate quotation package, however I am now looking into the built in quotation part to save multiple typing...I have created my template using report designer but cannot for the life of me work out how to put horizontal & vertical separator lines.

I need to have a line under each in-putted line but want the line to move further down if we have any text in the comments box (F3 Tab).

Any help will be much appreciated.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Separator lines in Sage Line 50 quotation

Post by brucedenney » 22 Sep 2015, 11:49

Add a separate section grouped by item, put it after the description and comment sections and it should be fine.

Attach your layout to a post if you still have problems.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

OLDandPR0UD
User
User

Post by OLDandPR0UD » 22 Sep 2015, 16:25

Hi brucedenney, I have had a look at the Sections tab & when I add a group section it opens an Expression editor...I have attached the layout but would love to work it out as I have a few changes in the pipeline so to speak.

On another note is there a way to have the net price shown without the discount i.e. qty x Unit price, this way my customers discount is hidden off the quote but still shows in the sales order.
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 23 Sep 2015, 10:26

Hi

I think this is what you want.

I have added an order.item_number section that is positioned after all the comments etc so prints last of all.
in it there is a solitary line across the page

Bruce
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

OLDandPR0UD
User
User

Post by OLDandPR0UD » 24 Sep 2015, 08:50

Thanks Bruce, that's exactly want I wanted :P

On another note is there a way to have the net price shown without the discount i.e. qty x Unit price, this way my customers discount is hidden off the quote but still shows on my sales order.

EDIT: Managed to work out how to show price without discount.
Thanks for all you help.

OLDandPR0UD
User
User

Post by OLDandPR0UD » 01 Oct 2015, 08:07

Morning Bruce, I have just noticed that after I changed the quote so it doesn't show the discount on each line the total net at the bottom shows the discount total...just noticed this after sending out numerous quotes :(

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 01 Oct 2015, 09:51

I don't understand, that is not what I see.

OLDandPR0UD
User
User

Post by OLDandPR0UD » 01 Oct 2015, 09:57

Hi Bruce

Sorry my post should have said discounted total.

If you input line 1 with 3 x 10.00 with a 10% discount the line total shows 30.00 which is correct however in the footer details the Net value will show as 27.00, what I need is to either.

A: Have the footer total showing without discount on the quote (this will then show correct on the sales order)
B: Remove individual customer discounts & add a discount line which we can then fill in after we have won the order.

I have tried adding a minus figure into a line but sage does not allow this.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 06 Oct 2015, 11:00

Are you saying that you want to quote the customer without discount, but put the discount on the order, so that when it is placed a discount is applied and you don't charge the same price as you quoted?

You need to explain why you want to do this it make no sense to me.

OLDandPR0UD
User
User

Post by OLDandPR0UD » 06 Oct 2015, 18:47

Basically I quote 100.00 for a job, my customer passes the price onto his customer at 100.00 & then says that's my cost mate, I need to add a further 5% for my trouble. the customer see's he is only charging 5% & thinks that's a reasonable margin & places the order.

However if the quote said 100.00 less 5% merchant discount & he then said to his customer he was going to increase by 5% for his trouble, then the customer would think the merchant is being greedy by making 10% off the job.

Now that doesn't seem much on a 100.00 job but when a potential quote may be £10000, that's a few quid they are making for shuffling a bit of paper.

As a manufacturer we tend to deal direct with the end user to make sure what they are ordering will actually fit but use a merchant for payment terms etc.

Easiest way to do this would be to have a discount line so the last line would say merchant discount, we would then fill in an amount or percentage to mark down the whole quote by the agreed value.

The other way to do this is to add a discount to each line but that would be quite time consuming.

Hope this makes thing a bit clearer.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 07 Oct 2015, 15:04

Okay, you need to alter the layout to use the net amounts not the discounted amounts, it will be a bit of a faff

SOP_ITEM.FOREIGN_NET_AMOUNT is after discount SOP_ITEM.FOREIGN_FULL_NET_AMOUNT is before discount
There is no pre discount tax amount however you can multiply by the TAX_RATE to calculate it.

OLDandPR0UD
User
User

Post by OLDandPR0UD » 07 Oct 2015, 18:20

I have tried that and the nett total at the bottom is still showing a discounted amount......I also got this using SOP_ITEM.FULL_NET_AMOUNT.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 08 Oct 2015, 08:23

The total of SOP_ITEM.FOREIGN_FULL_NET_AMOUNT should be correct, perhaps you have the wrong field?

Attach the layout if you are still stuck and I will take a look.

OLDandPR0UD
User
User

Post by OLDandPR0UD » 08 Oct 2015, 11:26

Hi Bruce, think i may be getting mixed up....I have attached the relevant layout & a pdf version Showing whats required.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 08 Oct 2015, 15:51

The net total is SALES_ORDER.ITEMS_NET you need to make it the sum of SOP_ITEM.FULL_NET_AMOUNT

The VAT may need to be calculated on each line unless everything is vatable. So either 20% of the sum of SOP_ITEM.FULL_NET_AMOUNT or the sum of the calculation on each line

The gross total is the sum of the vat total and the net total.