Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Price List: Grouped by Stock Category & Sorted by Stock Code

Report design issues and solutions.
timwainer
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Price List: Grouped by Stock Category & Sorted by Stock Code

Post by timwainer » 01 Sep 2015, 08:15

Dear Bruce,

Your help was most appreciated providing me with the correct Expression to embed the Product Images in our Price List.

I am now attempting to redesign the Price List so that that Products do not appear in Alphabetical order but are Grouped by Stock Category & Sorted by Stock Code. This method does appear in the other standard templates provided by Sage but I'm struggling to port them to my price list layout.

I can find the correct Expressions but fall short knowing where / what sections to place them in.

Any advice would be, once again, sincerely appreciated.

Best regards
Tim
Login to access the files attached to this post.

Report_Designer
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Re: Price List: Grouped by Stock Category & Sorted by Stock Code

Post by Report_Designer » 22 Sep 2015, 15:13

Hi Tim,

You can get around the issue you have by adding extra groups. So for example the structure of your report would appear similar to this.

Page_Header
Report_Header
Stock_Code_Header
Details
Stock_Code_Footer
No Transactions
Report_Footer
Page_Footer

A group on a report or layout overwrites a sort. So because the example above is grouped by Stock_Code that is the order my report will show in, regardless of what the actual content of the report is. So to correct my above example I would add the Stock Category as a group and move it above my Stock Code group then simply tell it to be suppressed and not visible in my properties list. So within the report explorer view in report designer my report structure would show as.

Page_Header
Report_Header
Stock_Category_Header
Stock_Code_Header
Details
Stock_Code_Footer
Stock_Category_Footer
No Transactions
Report_Footer
Page_Footer

I do not need to add any fields to the new section, by getting the structure in this format it will sort my report by stock category and then by stock code.

Hope that helps,

Andy