Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Join Editor

Report design issues and solutions.
rydalong
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Join Editor

Post by rydalong » 30 Jan 2015, 11:09

Using the "Product Activity" report, one is provided only with the sales order number and purchase order number. We try to edit this report to include the customer account reference to whom a particular shipment was sent. It is assumed this is achieved through the "Join Editor" procedure, but unfortunately, we are getting nowhere.

We run Sage 50 A counts V21.

Is anybody please able to help? Thanks.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Join Editor

Post by brucedenney » 30 Jan 2015, 12:34

What you need to do is link the transaction to the sales order and read the customer off that, you do that with a type of join called a parent outer, it returns thing when they match but not when they don't.

If this transaction is not a GO transaction you don't want to show the result because the result is a matching sales order not a matching purchase order.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

rydalong
User
User

Post by rydalong » 30 Jan 2015, 13:50

Thanks a lot. Got customer into the report, but when Sales Order module is selected, Mr Sage takes it upon itself to change it to Sales Ledger. Furthermore, it just shows a list of all customer references and nothing about the product. This may be because the "join" shows the "key" against the Sales Ledger and the "two small circles" against the stock. No matter how much playing about will change it.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 30 Jan 2015, 14:25

You link to the SALES_ORDER not the SALES_LEDGER table.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

rydalong
User
User

Post by rydalong » 30 Jan 2015, 14:56

Yes, SALES_ORDER is selected, but Mr Sage takes it upon himself to change SALES_ORDER to SALES_LEDGER. Select SALES_ORDER, close/report/joins SALES_LEDGER shows instead of SALES_ORDER.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 30 Jan 2015, 15:16

I have just done it myself and there is no problem with it.
Login to access the files attached to this post.

rydalong
User
User

Post by rydalong » 30 Jan 2015, 16:09

Thanks - will keep trying and come back if it gets nowhere. Which report did you start with, please?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 31 Jan 2015, 16:51

The one you mentioned Product Activity PRDHIST.REPORT