Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sage statement

Report design issues and solutions.
DeneCummings
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Sage statement

Post by DeneCummings » 23 Jan 2015, 17:30

Hi there, could anyone help me a small issue with a standard tear off statement layout, I'm sure it's possible to change the field that's shows goods/services to show delivery customer name? Any help suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance
Windows 7 sage 50 2012
Regards
Dene

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sage statement

Post by brucedenney » 24 Jan 2015, 19:28

Hi Dene

What you want to do is potentially possible. But it is a moderately advanced ting to do and covers several different techniques

You need to reference the field DELIVERY_NAME out of the invoice table.

The invoice table is not linked in to the statement layout, and some items on the layout will not have associated records in the invoice table, a payment on account for example.

Join Technique: to add a table in.
So you need to join the invoice table into the layout. Because the table might not have any related records, you need to edit the join type to be a "parent outer" so that it returns record even when there is no matching invoice.

You need to do the join on like data types, the invoice number in the invoice table is a Numeric field and the invoice reference in the audit trail is a Text field.

Conditional formatting
You now need to add the filed, however, you also need to add some logic, you want to print the normal text if the Delivery Name is Blank or the transaction type is not SC or SI. Also you only want to print the Delivery Name if it is not blank and it is an SC or SI transaction. You do these using conditional formatting, to suppress printing of each element and then place the two elements on top of each other.

(Okay you could do it as a conditional expression and have one field, but that is a little more advanced)
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

DeneCummings
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by DeneCummings » 27 Jan 2015, 07:35

Seems a little more advance than my ability !! Is there anyway I can pay you to help, using teamviewer ? Many thanks for your reply, most appreciated

Dene

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 27 Jan 2015, 09:44

Yes, happy to do that, contact me and we can fix up a time.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.