Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Report designer Invoice

Report design issues and solutions.
saz123
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Report designer Invoice

Post by saz123 » 14 Jan 2015, 16:16

I have designed a report for a sales invoice in report designer and when I generate the invoice, it's picking up all the information except for the quantity, description unit price, net amount and tax amount. I'm probably missing something really obvious but I can't see what. Please can you help?! Thank you

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Report designer Invoice

Post by brucedenney » 14 Jan 2015, 16:47

Can you attach the layout to your reply and I can take a look.

What version of Sage are you using?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

saz123
User
User

Post by saz123 » 16 Jan 2015, 09:15

Please find the layout attached. The version I am using is Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2014

Thanks
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 16 Jan 2015, 11:22

Hi Sarah

The problem is the filter you have put on the Details section

Code: Select all

INVOICE_ITEM.SERVICE_FLAG <> 0
This means the section will only print when the Service Flag is set i.e. only for service items.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

saz123
User
User

Post by saz123 » 16 Jan 2015, 12:27

Hi,
Ah, ok. I don't know how I put that there! Is it easy to remove and could you point me in the right direction please? I've looked in the 'filters' section but I can't seem to find it.
Thank you
Sarah

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 16 Jan 2015, 12:34

In the report designer.

Click on the Details section

Then look in Properties for Filter (if you are in "categorised view" it is under appearance.)

saz123
User
User

Post by saz123 » 16 Jan 2015, 13:59

Brilliant! That's worked - thank you so much, it's been driving me mad for days!

Thanks again
Sarah

saz123
User
User

Post by saz123 » 30 Jan 2015, 13:03

Hello, I have another question about report designer please. When I print an invoice that has multiple items on it, it only prints 4 items on each page and leaves a big gap at the bottom. I have another template that prints 6 per page so I know it can be done. I have attached the invoice in case you would like to look at it.
Thank you
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 30 Jan 2015, 14:29

The problem is that each item uses the detail section and that is 0.828 inches high.

So you can only fit a few lines on once you take of the header and footer.

If you make it smaller you will fit more on.

saz123
User
User

Post by saz123 » 01 Jul 2015, 13:52

Hi,

I solved the issue above , thank you.
There is some text in the bottom right hand corner, that I would like to appear on each page of the invoice. Is this possible?
Do you need more information?
Many thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 01 Jul 2015, 17:12

You could add another footer section containing the text

saz123
User
User

Post by saz123 » 29 Jul 2015, 15:48

Thanks Bruce - so I added another footer and header and that worked perfectly except that when I email the report, the new footer shows up on the 1st page only and the new header shows up on the 2nd page only! Am I missing something obvious....?!