Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

How to add a page to reports?

Report design issues and solutions.
neo
User
User
Sage Version: Other

How to add a page to reports?

Post by neo » 30 Nov 2014, 23:29

Wondering if you could help me with this, in Report Designer, I am trying to insert a full text page at the end of the invoice when I print. For example, when I print the invoice, there will be 2 pages, the first page will be all the detail of the accounts & figures, the second page will be a "warranty page" stating all the terms of sales.

Thank you in advance, any input will be very much appreciated.

my report designer version is 1.4.2013.27.

Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2014 (ver: 20.04.09.364)

Cheers. :)

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: How to add a page to reports?

Post by brucedenney » 01 Dec 2014, 10:26

You could add section in a footer with the "align to bottom" set but i think you would also need to "allow overlap" so as previous pages didn't leave a gap even then it would not be a whole page, but just a section.

I really have no better ideas. Why not just print a stack of them off and add them in as you go?

There is a "Page" section heading in the designer, but never seen anything other than Page1

If you are emailing, then it is easy, you just add terms and conditions as an attachment in email settings.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

neo
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Post by neo » 01 Dec 2014, 23:12

Hi Bruce,

Thank you very much for your reply, I have got it. Here's how just in case anyone else is looking for a way to do the same.

On Report Designer, like Bruce said, "add section" -> "group header and footer" (note here, it has to be "Group") -> just add any argument to the filter -> click on the 'new header' and hide it -> click on the 'existing' footer and make sure both 'add page break after this' and 'align to bottom' are set to true -> click on the 'new footer' and change 'allow overlap' (not sure what it does, but I turn it on).

There you go, then you can add a text box in the 'new footer'.

Again, thank you Bruce. Couldn't have done it without you. :)

clairemaxi
User
User
Sage Version: v12 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by clairemaxi » 09 Jun 2016, 12:42

I followed the above to help me add a 2nd page to by sage invoice however when I am inserting the text box under the footer the 2nd page is only printing a small part of the text which is the text box viewed (the report designer still shows the page 1 only)

How can I expand the text box to the full size of the 2nd page to print our t&c's onto the back of the invoice?

thanks in advance
Claire

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 13 Jun 2016, 07:08

You can not add second pages.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.