Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Footer Disappearing on E-Mail Invoices

Report design issues and solutions.
sheps
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Footer Disappearing on E-Mail Invoices

Post by sheps » 06 Oct 2014, 13:27

Hi

For some reason on emailed invoices, everytime we create the PDF the "footer" section doesn't appear on a single page invoice, but if we have a multiple page invoice - it's displayed only on the first page.

I'm sure I need to tick something for emailing to include everything on the page but just can't find the option.

We've even compared our quotation template that does exactly what we want and can't find any discrepancy to explain why the footer is playing up on the invoice template.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Adam

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Footer Disappearing on E-Mail Invoices

Post by brucedenney » 06 Oct 2014, 14:05

I have come across this before I think.

I seem to remember I got around it by un-hiding one of the other footers, setting it very small instead of hiding it seemed to be fine.

Attach the layout if you want I will have go.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sheps
User
User

Post by sheps » 06 Oct 2014, 14:54

Hi Bruce

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I've uploaded the template for you to have a look.

The weirdest thing is that it prints absolutely fine and preview is fine. It's just when it goes to email that it plays up.
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 06 Oct 2014, 18:38

That layout will not even generate an email for me...

found it... an attachment that doesn't exist!
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sheps
User
User

Post by sheps » 07 Oct 2014, 07:53

Hi Bruce

Sorry about the attachment. It works for us and adds the T&C's to the email. But I don't think that is what stops the footer from being added is it?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 17 Nov 2014, 09:54

I got the footer when I ran it. Did you upload the correct layout?

saz123
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Post by saz123 » 31 Jul 2015, 08:14

Hi there, I wonder if you managed to resolve this? I have exactly the same issue and it's driving me up the wall! An invoice which goes over 2 pages is downloading and printing perfectly as a PDF but as soon as I send it as an email, the footer appears on page 1 only and the header appears only on page 2! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated please.
Many thanks
Sarah

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 04 Aug 2015, 10:18

If you hide sections it can alter how footers get printed on pdf's.

If you can post actual examples I can have a look.

saz123
User
User

Post by saz123 » 04 Aug 2015, 14:06

Thank you Bruce, the template is attached.

saz123
User
User

Post by saz123 » 17 Aug 2015, 15:50

Hi Bruce, I just wondered if you've had a chance to look at the template I have attached please? Thank you very much.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 17 Aug 2015, 16:39

Sorry, I must have missed it.

I don't understand why you have added page headers and footers.

I think the problem is that there are page breaks inserted before the Invoice_Number Header (Page Break Before = True)
And the Invoice_Number footer is aligned to the bottom of the page (Align to Bottom = True)

As the Invoice_Number Header and footer repeat on each page, I just moved the page header and footer into the Invoice header and footer and it seems to now work as intended.

saz123
User
User

Post by saz123 » 19 Aug 2015, 10:36

Thank you for getting back to me.
I added the page header and pager footers so that if the invoice went over 2 pages, our logo (top right) and our address (bottom right) would appear on both pages. Which is exactly what happens when I run the report on the screen and when I run and print it as a PDF, but as soon as I send it on an email, the logo disappears from the top of the first page and the address disappears from the bottom second page.
I don't understand why it changes when I send it as an email.....
Thank you so much for your help :-)

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 20 Aug 2015, 11:57

Computers are funny things, we get to know some of the quirks and sometimes we bang our heads against the brick wall until we discover the quirks.

I don't understand, why it doesn't work the way you did it, I just know it causes issues and looked for the easiest way around it.

Report_Designer
User
User

Post by Report_Designer » 22 Sep 2015, 15:02

The issue you have with layouts in Sage is down to email options itself.
Naturally you want the page header and footer to be in the format you described to look cosmetically how you require. However within the email settings itself you choose a group to send the email by, this tells the system that every time this happens to stop and start a new email. So for example on an invoice it is INVOICE.INVOICE_NUMBER footer so you get one email per invoice. On a statement it is SALES_LEDGER.ACCOUNT_REF so each customer is only emailed their own statement. You cannot select a page header and footer in this section as it has no relation to the customer/person you are attempting to email. Hope that clears things up a little for you. If you need any further help with it just let me know.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 22 Sep 2015, 15:10

Nice to have you here.