Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Report Designer Expression causing other variable to disappe

Report design issues and solutions.
Cozza
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Report Designer Expression causing other variable to disappe

Post by Cozza » 23 Sep 2014, 21:40

Hi there,

I'm creating a price list report & have a nested if statement that makes another variable disappear and I am unable to figure out why?

PRICE.STOCK_CODE In ("PRODUCT") and CURRENCY In (2) ? LISTPRICE1*1.3333

When the code is PRICE.STOCK_CODE In ("PRODUCT") ? LISTPRICE1*1.3333 everything works perfectly, however when I add and CURRENCY In (2) the stock.description field disappears and I don't know why? Note: STOCK.Description disappears on every currency & the formula actually works, ie. Listprice1 is only multiplied by 1.3333 when currency = 2, just the stock.description field disappears?

Also, is the "IN" ("product") the best thing to use? is IN the same as IS?
Login to access the files attached to this post.

Cozza
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Report Designer Expression causing other variable to dis

Post by Cozza » 23 Sep 2014, 22:11

Fixed. I added Price_List. before Currency and everything is back to working normally. I only had currency there because that's what came up when I selected Currency from the dialog box in the expression editor?

I suppose all I need an answer for is this: Also, is the "IN" ("product") the best thing to use? is IN the same as IS?

Thanks Bruce, you're a champ!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Report Designer Expression causing other variable to dis

Post by brucedenney » 24 Sep 2014, 11:38

I'm a champ and I didn't even do anything!
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.