Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Report Designer

Report design issues and solutions.
ChristianNikolov
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Report Designer

Post by ChristianNikolov » 05 Aug 2014, 08:28

Hey this is my report design file attached when i print.
It never add the top product and the last one for some reason.
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Report Designer

Post by brucedenney » 05 Aug 2014, 18:14

I don't quite understand.

Are you saying the first and last products on the report are not being reported on?
Are you saying the values of the first item and the last item are not being included in one of the totals?
What does it not add where?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

ChristianNikolov
User
User

Post by ChristianNikolov » 06 Aug 2014, 07:25

they are selected for the report but not printed on it :(
First and last product just missing :(

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 06 Aug 2014, 09:16

So the issue is that when you run the report, the criteria for the stock Code appears to be "Between (exclusive)" rather than "Between (inclusive)"

When you run the report and the Criteria Values window opens, I assume does it say "Between (inclusive)" in the dialogue box?

It looks fine to me and works the way I would expect on my test data.

Have you tried other reports to see if they have the same issue?
Have you tried running it on the demodata?
If this is a generic issue with other reports doing the same thing then perhaps the cause is an indexing issue which a reindex and compress would resolve.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

ChristianNikolov
User
User

Post by ChristianNikolov » 06 Aug 2014, 11:00

Hello Bruce

you are right, Thanks.

We have problem with the indexing, unfortunately the re-indexing and compress doesnt sort our problem we have this issue
also on sales orders.
I will try doing it twice in row today.
is it possible that compress after the re indexing is very very important?
Last edited by ChristianNikolov on 06 Aug 2014, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 06 Aug 2014, 15:39

If you have data issues you need to be super careful, you might get errors, so be extra vigilant with checking data every day before backing up.

Running reindex and compress is best done on the server as it has much more bandwidth available and so runs much faster.