Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

POA for USA based company not showing correctly

Report design issues and solutions.
Crafty
User
User

POA for USA based company not showing correctly

Post by Crafty » 08 Jul 2014, 12:11

I have a invoice layout set up for when people make a part payment, and I invoice them for the balance later. It shows what the total is, what they've already paid and finally, the amount they owe.

This has worked okay on all but 1, a company we deal with in the USA. The "amount prepaid" box I have inserted on report desginer shows a different amount to what has actually been prepaid, meaning the amount owing is way out.

Do I need to set up a different layout for USA based customers? If so how do I do it?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: POA for USA based company not showing correctly

Post by brucedenney » 08 Jul 2014, 13:41

Can you attach both layouts to a posting
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Crafty
User
User

Post by Crafty » 08 Jul 2014, 13:57

This is the layout that works 99% of the time. I'm not very good with report designer, but as I said this has been working for most customers.
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 08 Jul 2014, 16:57

So the USA customer being invoices in Sterling, I don't really see a problem.

What is the amount entered in the Amount prepaid box in the invoice and what is the amount showing in the amount prepaid on the invoice?

Other comments...

This layout isn't set up for multi currency use. I would set it up to use the Foreign Amounts and insert Currency Symbols etc so it would work for any currency.

The Balance Due expression and the Amount prepaid are set to be sums, being reset on each invoice footer, you don't really want they, they can just be the fields without any function applied to them, as there is only one footer, I doubt this is doing much harm, but would be nice to neaten it up.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Crafty
User
User

Post by Crafty » 10 Jul 2014, 14:07

Here are 3 views of the invoice. report designer layout, deport designer preview & sage preview. All our customers are billed in sterling.

I wasn't sure if I had unknowingly entered something on this customers record, which was making it stand out as a non-uk customer and changing the amounts. Usually the sums in the pre-paid and balance boxes work out the total invoice less the amount prepaid and show the balance remaining. I'm not sure how else to show this information on an invoice without them being a sum as it is different for each invoice and I can't find a box to insert that matches what I need.

Crafty
User
User

Post by Crafty » 15 Jul 2014, 09:57

Any ideas or suggestions? I'm completely stuck :cry:

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 15 Jul 2014, 10:44

can you attach the .layout file to a post so I can have a look.

What I need to see are the properties of the AMOUNT_PREPAID field.

My instinct suggests that you are summing the field so the amount you are getting is the amount entered multiplied by the number of lines on the invoice. but this would happen with any invoice you printed using this layout not just USA ones.

Crafty
User
User

Post by Crafty » 16 Jul 2014, 13:43

This is a screen shot of the layout. I've tried to show all the information on this one picture.

I didn't create the amount prepaid box, it was an option under the invoice drop down list. Am I using the wrong box?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 17 Jul 2014, 12:13

What I need to see are the properties of the AMOUNT_PREPAID field.

as I said earlier, I think you need to set the function property to none.

Crafty
User
User

Post by Crafty » 05 Sep 2014, 13:25

Sorry for the delay.

I have changed the properties of the amount prepaid to none, but the USA customer still doesn't add up.

I think I have attached the layout file correctly and also a couple of screen shots of the inv previews.

Thank you
Michelle

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 17 Sep 2014, 15:21

Have you got sum turned on on the Balance Due Field?

Crafty
User
User

Post by Crafty » 06 Oct 2014, 08:32

I think so. Here is a screen shot showing the balance due box and the properties of it.

Everything works fine with UK based customer accounts, but not with rest of world accounts.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 06 Oct 2014, 08:47

Turn sum off and it should be fine

Crafty
User
User

Post by Crafty » 08 Oct 2014, 11:42

Hurrah! Its worked. Thank you so much for your patience and help. :P