Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

invioce date order on statements

Report design issues and solutions.
paul2014
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

invioce date order on statements

Post by paul2014 » 22 May 2014, 15:19

Hi

I'm new to this site and to reports generator (although I've been a sage user for longer than I care to admit to)

I'm trying to build a layout for customer statements, I've re-used the current plain paper default layout already in the Sage program but I cant work out how to show invoices in date order

I've read quite a few posts regarding Sorts and Groups and other stuff but I think I must live in a different world because I don't understand any of it

can anybody please tell me (step-by-step) how I do this

many thanks

P

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: invioce date order on statements

Post by brucedenney » 22 May 2014, 16:06

It is not the sort, it is the grouping that is getting in the way.

You need to group by transaction date
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 23 May 2014, 13:45

In general of these types of reports the default is to sort by the account, then the date flag (to hide earlier transactions), and then the audit trail number. If you added a date sort onto the end then, it would be sorting by date where the audit trail number was the same, which is never going to happen.

You need to add the date field as a group, then add the header number as a group (so there are two of them)
hide the date group because we are not needing it, it is only there to sort
move the layout from the original header group into the new one,
remove the header group

The sort should then be account>date flag>date>transaction number and everything should be fine.

If you want to upload your report layout as an attachment I am happy to look at it for you.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

ManicMillie
User
User
Sage Version: v2010 16 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Invoice date order on statements

Post by ManicMillie » 21 Apr 2015, 14:22

Hi

I've tried and failed numerous times, to sort my statement report into 'date' order, but I must be doing something wrong? I found an earlier dated forum with more information from you Bruce, but when I have tried to follow it and 'add in sections', something is definitely not right.

When Sage was initially set up for us, the IT Consultant that installed it, modified some reports etc specifically for us, when I've tried to follow your instructions, I can't seem to physically 'see' the added in sections and then I've had trouble copying the data from one field to another.

Any help would be much apprceiated. I'll upload a copy of the file also if that helps. Thanks in advance. Lisa

ManicMillie
User
User
Sage Version: v2010 16 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by ManicMillie » 21 Apr 2015, 15:15

Libra FMC Ltd Statement Grouped O.S Only.layout
Please find attached copy of the statement report that I use, but am unable to amend into date order, as per my message
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Apr 2015, 16:57

Open the layout in the designer

Sections>Add Section>Group Header And Footer
In the Audit Header Table, pick the date field "AUDIT_HEADER.DATE"
OK

You now have your section, the only problem is that it is sorting inside the INV_REF so within each invoice reference it is sorting by date, so you need to move the footer section down by clicking on the down arrow button to the right on the AUDIT_HEADER.DATE Footer section just left of the x
Move it down so it is below the DATE_FLAG Footer.

We don't need to see the header or the footer so you can now hide them
Click on each of them in turn and in their properties you can set the "Visible" property to "False" or you can leave it visible and set the "Suppress Print" property to "true"