Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Removing nill values

Report design issues and solutions.
nick2price
User
User
Sage Version: v2011 17 UK/Europe/Africa

Removing nill values

Post by nick2price » 28 Feb 2014, 19:20

Hi, I am very new to Sage, infact 2 days into it. I do have a vast knowledge of programming though, so I am doing this to help out my company. My boss wanted to see month by month what we spend on suppliers. I think I found a report that does this, I think it was called Supplier Net spend by Month (gross) for tax year. It produces what I think it needs to display, looks quite good. One problem is though is that all suppliers are listed, even if their net spend was 0 for every month of the year. If I run a filter to remove a row which has the value field not equal to 0, it removes all suppliers from the list even if they were only 0 for 1 month.

I was essentially looking for a command or something to remove all rows from my report where every month is equal to 0. Would this be possible?

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Removing nill values

Post by brucedenney » 03 Mar 2014, 11:18

The easy way to do this is to use a search in the supplier module to find all suppliers

WHERE "Turnover Year To Date" "Is Not Equal to" 0

This filters down the suppliers to only ones that you have had turnover with this year, then when you run the report the ones with all zeros do not show.

The problems with the "by month" reports are that they are financial months, not rolling months, so it is only the last 12 months history in the last month of the year, in the first month it is only one month and so on.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.