Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Remove Suppressed Lines

Report design issues and solutions.
globalavs

Remove Suppressed Lines

Post by globalavs » 25 Feb 2014, 10:20

Hi,

New to sage. I am trying to create an invoice layout in report designer which will show only message lines BUT i have to add stock into to accurately reflect our stock. However i don't want to show the stock items on the invoice. I.e i need to have a service style invoice with stock but the stock is hidden on the invoice.

i've managed to do this so far by conditional formatting which works but when there are many stock items the invoice still see's the suppressed lines and if there are too many puts all the totals on a different sheet.

Is there a way to not only suppress printing of a line but get the report to ignore it all together, apart from the calculations, so that it all fits on one page?

or is there a much simpler way of achieving what i'm trying to do?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Remove Suppressed Lines

Post by brucedenney » 25 Feb 2014, 11:46

What you want to do is not difficult.

Make sure that you can view properties
Open the layout in the report designer, click on the header of each section on some in the properties you will see conditional printing

There are 2 sections in the middle, one that prints product items and one that prints service items One has a fields called "description" and the other a field called "text"

You can make the conditions a lot tighter, normally, they hide the service item if it is a product and vice verser.

You could just suppress the whole section if you never want to print the product descriptions or you could suppress them only if the product code it supplied by supplier xxx or some other such rule if some products do want to be printed.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.