Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Reports supplied with program will not run

Report design issues and solutions.
epl
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Reports supplied with program will not run

Post by epl » 02 Oct 2013, 15:52

I have found that a number of reports supplied with Accounts Professional 2013 will not run.
e.g. Product Profit Reports File PRDPROF returns the error "STK.PERIOD_QTY_SOLD does not exist".

This is just one example, there are a number which will not run and return a variety of error messages. Is this normal? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Peter

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Reports supplied with program will not run

Post by brucedenney » 03 Oct 2013, 09:28

My copy of that report does not have a field by that name in it.

If you upgraded to V2013 and your data is on a network and you did not run the upgrade on the network server and you are set to use network path for reports then the reports on the server are not upgraded so probably relate to a previous version.

There have been some report updates have you checked you are fully up to date on http://www.sage.co.uk/au ?

On the CD there is a backup of reports&layouts only which you can restore. (Backup first just in case)

I attach the copy I have that appears to work fine

the file needs to be placed either relative to the data directory

<Data Directory>\Reports\Products\Product Profit Reports

or if you are not set to use datapath for reports relative to the common application data directory

<Common Application Data>\Sage\Accounts\2013\Company.000\Reports\Products\Product Profit Reports

You can fine the values for both <Data Directory> and <Common Application Data> on the help about screen (you can click on the hyper-links to go straight to the directories)

Put it in both places for a belt and braces solution.
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

epl
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Reports supplied with program will not run

Post by epl » 07 Oct 2013, 12:46

Thanks for the info. The prdprof report on the cd gives the same error message, however I down loaded the updated ones from Sage's website and they seem to work. Also your report worked. Thanks again, Peter.