Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

SORT doesnt work on Debtors Report

Report design issues and solutions.
PhilAJ
User
User
Sage Version: v2011 17 UK/Europe/Africa

SORT doesnt work on Debtors Report

Post by PhilAJ » 07 Mar 2013, 21:24

We have a customer list that includes some who pay for their goods on 30 /60 days, and also some who pay by standing order over a year, for annual contracts.

To identify the SO clients I use an ** on the front of their name.

What I need is to be able to produce a Debtors list that separates these ** accounts, preferably with a sub total, as their debt isn't a 'real' current debt.

When I try to add a Sort field on Comapny Name from the AUDIT HEADER table it doesn't do anything.

Any ideas or suggestions for how to handle differently would be well received.

Thanks

Phil

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: SORT doesnt work on Debtors Report

Post by brucedenney » 08 Mar 2013, 09:53

Putting ** is not a good way to do this.
on 2 counts:-
* is a wild card character in searches and so is not easy to search for.
I am not sure you really want ** to appear on the account names either, looks untidy.

What I would do is to use a Searchable field to tag the customer types.
Candidates would be the
Account Status field I could have an account status for each type
The Terms Fields, text or number of days might work
One of the three analysis fields

Then I can use a search in the customer ledger to get me groups of each type customer, saving the searches so I can load them up next time I need them (and for use for other purposes).

With the 30 day customers selected with the search I could run the Aged report on screen, or use the one in reports to list them.
If you wanted to be fancy you could add extra criteria to this search to limit it to customer that are "overdue" ehn you are chasing, if you have a look at the credit control guide it explains about using criteria in a bit more detail.
http://support.makingithappen.co.uk/sag ... ontrol.htm

I could then select the 60 day customers and do the same thing.

------------------------
While we are here this is the low down on report sorting.

The sort order in the report is determined by the structure of the report the header/footer groups and then within those groups by the sort order.
Users often add sorts and don't know/think about the grouping structure so get tripped up by this.
What you need to do in these circumstances is to add a header/footer group outside of the existing one, so that the structure groups things the way you want rather than sorting them within the existing groups. when you add a header/footer group you might not even need to print them, they are only needed for structure.

If you look at the Aged Debtor Report you will see that the structure is to have a group header/footer for each Account Ref. What you would need to do is to change the structure so that rather than using Account Ref it used the Account Name, this would give you a group for each account name.

Note: 2 accounts with the same name would also be grouped by this and merged together, if you didn't want that to happen, then you should add the name as an additional grouping outside the account ref, so it would be grouped by the name and then with each group of names each account ref would be printed, the headers and footer for the name group could be hidden because you don't really need to see them.

I think this might be a bit irrelevant because my earlier suggestion will probably work better for you.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

PhilAJ
User
User
Sage Version: v2011 17 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: SORT doesnt work on Debtors Report

Post by PhilAJ » 08 Mar 2013, 17:14

Thank you so much Bruce - that will work a treat....

Phil