Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Emailing invoices

Report design issues and solutions.
louisedunne
User
User
Sage Version: v2009 15 UK/Europe/Africa

Emailing invoices

Post by louisedunne » 09 Feb 2013, 10:16

Hi
We are a small business that, up until recently, had one PC with Sage 50 Accounts 2009 V15. We have just added an additional PC and have networked Sage. I am unable to send invoices on the new PC. The Report Designer is set up fine as the 2 are networked so am just using the original PC's reports.

When I go to email the invoice it lingers for a while but nothing appears in my inbox (or the inbox on the original PC). It therefore seems the link between Sage and Outlook is not initialised on the new PC but I cannot find how to do this.

I dont know if it makes a difference but the original PC is running on XP with Outlook 2003 and the new PC is running on Windows 7 with Outlook 2007.

Please help as I have been trying to fix this for a week and its driving me mad!!!

thanks in advance

Louise

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Emailing invoices

Post by brucedenney » 12 Feb 2013, 16:20

I suggest you start by checking the email settings on the report/layout. you also want to make sure that both machines have the same version of the report designer.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

louisedunne
User
User

Post by louisedunne » 13 Feb 2013, 21:46

Hi

thanks very much for your response. The new computer is basically sharing the other computer so all reports are identical. The new computer, however, will not send emails into my outlook box nor will it send emails to the old outlook box. It is like the Sage 50 on new somputer some how needs to be linked to outlook (either 2003 or 2007)

it did occur to me that Sage 50 v12 may not be compatible with outlook 2007 so am going to try and replace it back to outlook 2003 to see if that makes a difference.

It is frustrating as everything is identical to computer 1 as they both share the exe file. The only differences that are obvious are XP vs W7 and O 2003 vs O 2007.

Any technical issues with the 2?????

Any help wil be greatly received.

Many thanks
Louise

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 15 Feb 2013, 09:51

As you have checked the email settings I think we will need to investigate if the issue is an incompatibility with Microsoft office as a whole.

You can check this very quickly by going tot he customer list then doing >File>Office Integration>Send to excel This should send all the customers to an excel spreadsheet.

If it fails then the most likely reason is that you have the 64Bit edition of MS Office installed and Sage only works with the 32bit editions.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

louisedunne
User
User

Post by louisedunne » 15 Feb 2013, 17:25

Hi

Thanks very much for the reply. I have done as you suggested and it did transfer it, but I have, as mentioned, now installed 2003 again. It transferred it fine into the 2003 excel. So do you thnk it is the MS Office version? I have re installed 2003 but havent yet wanted to change Outlook 2007 back to 2003. If I do this do you think this should now work?

All your advise is greatly appreciated.

thanks
Louise

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 17 Feb 2013, 18:45

probably

louisedunne
User
User

Post by louisedunne » 20 Feb 2013, 12:08

Hi

Ok so I have uninstalled MS 2007 and reinstalled MS 2003 and still now invoices emailed. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me mad!!!

thanks
Louise

louisedunne
User
User

Post by louisedunne » 20 Feb 2013, 12:33

sorry should also mention now I am running windows 7 32 bit and MS outlook is also 32 bit so cannot understand why this will not work. The only other difference i can see with my Sage as opposed to the original Sage is that I cannot run transaction email and it wont initialise. I dont know if that has any bearings??

thanks
louise

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 20 Feb 2013, 15:44

"transaction email" !!!!!

Sorry, I thought your issue was emailing invoices not running EDI.

Are you using EDI to email invoices rather than just printing them to email?

louisedunne
User
User

Post by louisedunne » 20 Feb 2013, 19:28

Hi

Sorry yes I am just emailing invoices to email and have never used transaction email but noticed that it doesnt work on the windows 7 computer so just wondered if that was maybe a reason that I cannot email basic invoices.

Louise

louisedunne
User
User

Post by louisedunne » 20 Feb 2013, 20:19

Hi

Another thought - could it be that the sage cannot run as administrator??
Keep trying to find reasons as I am now tearing my hair out. I have spoken to our IT support but are unable to help as presumably a Sage issue.

Please please help

Louise

louisedunne
User
User

Post by louisedunne » 20 Feb 2013, 21:05

Hi

Sorry - another quick thought. When I send my invoices to email I go through Preview and then click email at the top of the page. If I change preview to email then generate report it says

Report Designer unable to generate report: printer installation failed.

I can print no problems

could this be something to do with it???

Many thanks as always

Louise

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Feb 2013, 10:28

Can you print to preview and then do save as and save the report as a PDF?

I am thinking that perhaps the PDF drivers are not properly installed and that is what is causing all the other issues.

Can you confirm the full long version number (Help>About) is 15.01.20.0191

louisedunne
User
User

Post by louisedunne » 21 Feb 2013, 16:59

Hi

Thanks so much for your reply. I dont have save as when I generate my invoice from preview but I have export and when I tried to export to desktop and changed to PDF it didnt do anything so yes your theory may be correct. I would never have guessed this in a million years. Are there any drivers therefore that you can recommend?

I confirm the version of Sage is 15.01.20.0191.

Many thanks
Louise

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Feb 2013, 17:41

I think you can fix this by installing the Report Designer v1.3.2011.30 update

You can download it from www.sage.co.uk/au