Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Adding Project Ref.

Report design issues and solutions.
angmc
User
User

Adding Project Ref.

Post by angmc » 20 Dec 2012, 12:50

Hi, can you tell me if it's possible to add the Project Ref. to Supplier Day Books Report - Invoices Detailed?

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Adding Project Ref.

Post by brucedenney » 20 Dec 2012, 15:15

Yes, it can, see sample attached which is very similar to what you want.
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

angmc
User
User

Post by angmc » 20 Dec 2012, 15:59

Thanks for that but the problem I have is that in my report I don't have the Project option listed as a variable and it doesn't show as an option in the list of tables at the top of the report. Sorry I'm a complete novice when it comes to Report Designer!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 20 Dec 2012, 16:59

If you are a complete novice then this is a big ask and probably beyond what can be explained in a simple post.

But here goes...

The tables that appear in a report are there because they have been added to the report.
You can add table to the report in report>joins
just click and drag the table name onto a blank area in the workspace to add it

Once you add the table to the report you need to explain which field in which tables join the data up and how they are joined.
If you look at the example and go to report>joins you can see the extra tables and the joins that have been made.
to join two field in two table click and drag the field from one table and drop it on the corresponding field in the other table, you can then edit the type of join in properties.

If this is all too much for you I can offer one-to-one tuition over the internet or I could write the report for you. I am cheaper than my local plumber!
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

angmc
User
User

Post by angmc » 24 Dec 2012, 15:48

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.