Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Report designer, customer invoices

Report design issues and solutions.
lindylou
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Report designer, customer invoices

Post by lindylou » 21 Sep 2012, 09:42

Hi there,
First of all, a great forum!

Now, my problem, which probably isn't a problem to you lot!

I need to do product or service invoices with quite a few lines.
Some of the lines don't need to have a value, as they are details of where an engineer has been, on what date etc.
How do I stop Sage from adding quantities and nil values to these lines?

I assume that it's something to do with the product fields, but I've had a poke around, and can't find anything.

Cheers.

Lindylou

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Report designer, customer invoices

Post by brucedenney » 21 Sep 2012, 13:05

The easiest way is to use conditional formatting on the fields you want to hide. So when the Price is zero (or whatever value makes sense to you) the condition suppresses the printing of the field.

If you look at the sections in the invoice you will see this technique is used to suppress the printing of things like comment lines, so for example the whole comment1 group in the report is suppressed from printing if comment1 is blank.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

lindylou
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by lindylou » 21 Sep 2012, 13:15

brucedenney wrote:The easiest way is to use conditional formatting on the fields you want to hide. So when the Price is zero (or whatever value makes sense to you) the condition suppresses the printing of the field.

If you look at the sections in the invoice you will see this technique is used to suppress the printing of things like comment lines, so for example the whole comment1 group in the report is suppressed from printing if comment1 is blank.
Ok, I sort of understand that.
How do I go about it?
I'm fairly new to report designer, but not scared to try it out....any chance you can talk me through it please?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 21 Sep 2012, 14:26

Open the layout in the report designer

click on the field you want to conditionally hide

in the properties pane,
look for conditional formatting edit
click on the ... button to the right of the option,
in the filter tab click
select the criteria field eg INVOICE_ITEM.UNIT_PRICE
select the criteria eq Is equal to
enter the value eg 0
click on the properties
look for suppress print, change from false to true
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.