Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Setting up Email Invoices/Statements

Report design issues and solutions.
jcd1
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Setting up Email Invoices/Statements

Post by jcd1 » 08 Aug 2012, 15:16

I am trying to set up invoices so that they can be sent to each customer individually. The only thing I have been able to manage is sending the report as a whole, so all companies' invoices which are selected are combined and put into a single email to a single address.
The problem is that I want it so it groups the invoices by customer and sends an email to to each customer with their invoices. But for some reason when I change 'Email message should contain' to 'Group - Invoice.Account_Ref' or 'Sales_ledger.account_ref' and click email, nothing happens, it doesn't appear in my inbox, and when I set it to SMTP with me as the recipient, I receive nothing...

Have you got any ideas? I have read the guide on how to set up reports, but I can't find the answer on there.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Setting up Email Invoices/Statements

Post by brucedenney » 08 Aug 2012, 15:43

It is in the guide http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-50 ... eports.htm

you need to change the email setting to not send the entire report.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

jcd1
User
User

Post by jcd1 » 08 Aug 2012, 15:55

As I said I couldn't find the answer on there, I know how to, it just doesn't work

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 08 Aug 2012, 16:09

Email should contain: The drop down box contains all the sections of the report, we don't normally want to send all our invoices to the first email address, we normally want to break them up on the INVOICE_NUMBER section and send each to the appropriate email address for that Invoice.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

jcd1
User
User

Post by jcd1 » 09 Aug 2012, 07:19

I appreciate you are trying to help, but as I said I have read the guide thoroughly and it doesn't say anything about how to order by customer. I only tried to ask on here as I couldn't see anything on the guide to help me and I hadn't seen anyone have the same problem.

The main problem is that this only works when I send as an entire report, because a email appears in my inbox, but when I want to separate the email by invoice number OR customer number, nothing appears in my inbox...really confused by this.

jcd1
User
User

Post by jcd1 » 09 Aug 2012, 07:26

Actually I apologize..for some reason when there is more than one they appear in drafts.

jcd1
User
User

Post by jcd1 » 24 Aug 2012, 09:09

Actually, I am still having problems.

All I can get it to do is send the invoices split by invoice number or as one whole invoice. When I try and group by customer, the invoices don't appear in my inbox. This is quite strange as I can get statements to split up into multiple emails sorted by customer.

I have tried and tested Everything on the guide, but I still can't get it to work.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 24 Aug 2012, 11:34

As this is a separate issue. probably better if you started a new thread for it but hey ho.

Can you explain what you have done to group by customer.

jcd1
User
User

Post by jcd1 » 24 Aug 2012, 12:22

Well its actually the same problem as the original topic, I thought I had solved the problem, but I still couldn't have emails per customer.

The groupings originally were invoice_number (header and footer) and item_number. This meant the invoices were grouped by the number of the invoice. With that I could swap the "email should contain" part between invoice_number and full report.

Then I added a grouping for sales_ledger.account_ref and moved a couple of variables from the invoice_number header such as customer name & address and the title of the report to sales_ledger.account_ref header. This would then add a new option for the "email should contain" box for sales_ledger.account_ref, so I would select this and do everything the same way as usual.
I would then click 'email' on a couple of highlighted invoices, and then it pops up saying 'invoice has successfully converted to email', but i'd look in my drafts where they would usually appear and nothing is there. It doesn't appear in junk or inbox either.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 24 Aug 2012, 14:26

Can you attach the layout to a posting so I can look at it.

Sounds like what you have done should have worked.

You don't need to move things around. All you need to do is add the cust_ref group, move it to the top of the report, hide it top and bottom and change the email settings to use the cust_ref group.

jcd1
User
User

Post by jcd1 » 24 Aug 2012, 15:01

Here it is.
I have tried grouping by invoice.account_ref, sales_ledger.account_ref and company.companyid (which I think is just my companies ID but worth a try. Doesn't group by customer when I try any of them.
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 27 Aug 2012, 07:02

I assume you are not running the beta version of Sage 2014, what version are you running?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 27 Aug 2012, 07:14

You have hidden both the header and footer sections for Account_Ref so these are not being printed nor are the email commands embedded in those sections.

What you need to do is to make both section visible and printable and then shrink them down to be as small as possible.

jcd1
User
User

Post by jcd1 » 28 Aug 2012, 07:28

I tried that and it doesn't work either, I had originally changed it so a couple of the text boxes appeared in account_ref header but it didn't work.

I'm using version 18.1.0.20 of sage and report designer 1.3.2011.30.

jcd1
User
User

Post by jcd1 » 28 Aug 2012, 09:50

Oh and I've just upgraded the system to 2013 (Sage version 19.00.11.0263, Report designer 1.4.2012.41) and the same problem occurs. Should I just instead of trying to seperate them all by customer, just change the email to send entire report, and just make sure I only select the same customer?