Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sorting

Report design issues and solutions.
flat-pack
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Sorting

Post by flat-pack » 06 Jul 2012, 14:55

Simple Quest :- sort list of invoices from suppliers in date of Invoice order rather than date of posting that seems to be the default.

Using a data sort command makes no impact, I must be mising something so obvious ?

New user trying to edit, what I presume to be, a report already written by sage to produce a remittance advice.

I note there are two reports, one lists each Invoice in £ total, the other lists everything like if the Invoice has been been split for nominal coding.

I seem to be able to sort the 'everything' list but not the 'total' list

I note a field called 'audit-split_date' appears in both reports is this causing the problem ?

TIA

Graham

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sorting

Post by brucedenney » 13 Jul 2012, 11:08

I think the problem is that there are 2 ways things gets sorted, the primary method is the data structure this is the group header/footers and then within that the sorts are applied.

I think you have already established that in your report there is a transaction number header which takes precidence, so you need to add a date header above it, the headers can be empty, it just structures the report so that things are groups by date and within the date by transaction rather than just by transaction
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.