Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Updating Communication History when emailing a report

Report design issues and solutions.
Laco
User
User
Sage Version: v2010 16 UK/Europe/Africa

Updating Communication History when emailing a report

Post by Laco » 25 Jan 2012, 16:03

I have managed to configure the Email settings in the report designer so I can now email customers statements and invoices.

When I email a 'Statement of Accounts' (EMASTOS) I get a message asking me to confim 'to update the communication history?, but I DO NOT get that when I email invoices.

My question is:

Does anyone know where and how in a report, layout or letter (in report designer) one can run the settings to update the communication history?

Many thnks for any help.

I am using SAGE Line50 V16 on Windows XP SP3

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Updating Communication History when emailing a report

Post by brucedenney » 26 Jan 2012, 12:21

You can not.

Statement get the message, but there is nothing in the layouts to trigger the message, it is done in the main Sage UI

You can not prevent the update communication history message from appear on a statement, nor can you make update communication history messages appear on other reports/layouts.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sharon137
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by sharon137 » 14 May 2013, 13:45

Last month, my statements didn't update the communication history. How can I check the settings? Can I update the customers as a group or does this have to be done individually?

sage 19.01.11.285 CB windows xp

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 14 May 2013, 13:58

There is an issue with some layout being broken during upgrade and they stop prompting to update the ledger.

If this is the issue, the only solution is to redo the layout from one of the "originals" (having checked it does update the communication history)!

If you said no instead of yes, you can create a fake history record by backdating and rerunning the report.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sharon137
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by sharon137 » 14 May 2013, 14:45

I seem to have adapted several statements over the years... What is the original name of the email statement please?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 15 May 2013, 08:57

Unfortunately the names of the original statements are unchanged! However the statements are updated.

If you browse to your local install, you should be able to find local copies of the layouts which you could copy to the server location.

You are looking for a folder called layouts, the location of which is dependant on your operating system.

try

C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts\2013\Company.000\layouts
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sage\Accounts\2013\Company.000\layouts

Note that ProgramData and Application Data are hidden directories.

If you look for the "Settings Directory" in help>about that should give you the root of the path.

Probably a good idea to backup reports and layouts first, just in case your layouts get overwritten.