Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Problems with custom report/letter

Report design issues and solutions.
gallygaskins
User
User
Sage Version: v2007 13 UK/Europe/Africa

Problems with custom report/letter

Post by gallygaskins » 17 Nov 2011, 11:56

Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble with Report Designer on Sage 50 Accounts 2010 v.16.0.17.0158. I've got two problems but here's the first one.

I adapted a customer report in order to have chase letters that would detail the invoices outstanding - as I can't quite work out how to adapt one of the actual chase letters to do the same thing (which is my other problem). Although the letter/report shows everything that is outstanding, not just those invoices over 14 days old, if there are more than 4 items to display in the body of the letter the latter half of the letter is chopped off and sent to page two. How can I stop this from happening?

Thanks

Kim

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Problems with custom report/letter

Post by brucedenney » 20 Nov 2011, 10:53

Can you upload the layout so we can see it?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

gallygaskins
User
User

Post by gallygaskins » 21 Nov 2011, 09:38

Of course, I've attached the layout.
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 23 Nov 2011, 10:42

Erm... that is a report not a layout.

I would start again from an existing letter layout.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

gallygaskins
User
User

Post by gallygaskins » 16 Dec 2011, 12:31

Yeah, I used the report as it was the only way that I could work out how to use the functionality I needed.

Believe me, I've spent hours on trying to work out how to do this especially considering that the aged detail letter layouts that include aging I need, won't work in the version of Sage 50 we are using, i.e. I can open them in report designer and do whatever I like to them but when I go back into Sage and try to run them they are missing from the list, hence the half letter/half report I'm currently using.

I've even tried to start from scratch in letters, setting up a letter using the information/formulas etc from the existing aged letter but I can't get that to work either. For some reason I can't attach a copy of the Itemised letter I've adapted to this post, but I'm sure I will be able to email or PM it. Maybe if somone can help me get that one working then I'll be able to adapt the chase letter into an itemised letter.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 17 Dec 2011, 12:04

I have PM'd you with a layout to try.