Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Return item qty for certain Product category

Report design issues and solutions.
gazmoz17
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Return item qty for certain Product category

Post by gazmoz17 » 23 Sep 2020, 11:32

Hi Bruce,

Have a few things to get back to you with...doing myself no favs starting something new.

On a Sales Invoice report

I want to return roofing trim sales by quanty per inv.
I think the best way to do this is by Category but Im struggling to get it to work.
Product category.JPG
I can only get report to retrun the total qty for all products for said individual invoices.

Thanks
Gareth
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Return item qty for certain Product category

Post by brucedenney » 23 Sep 2020, 11:53

You need to add a filter to the report

The expression would be

Code: Select all

STOCK.STOCK_CAT="13"
I think, based on the number of questions you are asking, you would probably be better of using Excel, link the invoice data to sage with ODBC, you can then use pivot tables to slice and dice the data and query it to answer all these sorts of questions and more. This way you get a general purpose tool to answer just about anything based on the sales data.

(Maybe it is time to buy an hour of my time and get me to make it for you and see what this approach can do.)
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.