Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Changeover from Cash Accounting to Standard Accounting for V

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
allison

Changeover from Cash Accounting to Standard Accounting for V

Post by allison » 03 Jun 2006, 15:18

We have recently changed over from Cash Accounting to Standard Accounting due to reaching the turnover threshhold.
The VAT return has been calculated using the Standard Accounting - invoices raised since change-over.

I realise I need to manually add to this the monies received from the old cash-accounting invoices.

My question is ~ is there a report which I can run off to show money received against individual invoice numbers (I know which SI was first raised under standard accounting).... or any suggestions how to find this info. would be very helpful.
Thanks
Allison

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 05 Jun 2006, 15:45

The monies you received from the old cash-accounting invoices is not what you need to add on.

You need to add on the vat on all the old invoices raised under cash accounting as it is all now due.

(You need to do the converse for supplier invoices, all vat on supplier invoices can now be claimed back even if you have not paid them).

The guide on this are your VAT control accounts.

If you run a vat return for all dates, the values on it should include all VAT liabilities and all VAT assets, these should be the same as appearing on the sales and purchase VAT control accounts.

Now in real life, some people do not manage their control accounts well, they never do the journals etc. If you are in this group then, the balances will not match but the net amount sales - purchases should.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.