Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

line 50 networking

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
glent

line 50 networking

Post by glent » 15 May 2006, 12:39

Hi,
I have just had to restore line 50 version 5.02 to a new pc however when i try to set up the client pcs on the network i hit a problem.
Basically the programme installs on the client (using netsetup) but when you try to open up sage i get the message " waiting to open file:\\server\c\line50\accdata\queue.dta". Sage then wont open or close.
Im using windows 98, please please help.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 16 May 2006, 10:07

Deleting the file \\server\c\line50\accdata\queue.dta should fix the issue.

Backup first. Or better still backup and rename the file so you can get it back.

Note: Version 5.02 is VERY old, you might like to upgrade the current version is 12!

http://sage.support.makingithappen.co.uk/sales.htm
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

glent

networking

Post by glent » 16 May 2006, 13:05

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, i have tried deleting and renaming this file however the client pc just freezes and Sage wont open at all, also the server reinstates this file when you start sage again. what am I doing wrong?
Thanks again.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 17 May 2006, 14:33

Sorry, I think I just got an idea...

Sage Didn't like UNC naming in early versions.

Uninstall the client first

Map the network share to say Drive S: and then re do your network install from the mapped drive letter...

I assume it runs fine on the server...?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.