Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Error 'foreign amount disagrees with matching allocation'

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Josie

Error 'foreign amount disagrees with matching allocation'

Post by Josie » 11 May 2006, 09:07

Hello,

I have the following errors coming up a few times (17 total) when I do a data check:

1) Split 177 Allocation 1 - foreign amount disagrees with matching allocation

2) Amount paid in foreign currency in split 3599 dissagrees with total paid in allocations.

I have gone into 'Maintenance, Corrections' and looked at each specific case. The entries are all in pounds sterling (we do have many entries in euros and dollars but not the entries which are coming up with these errors).

We have been using Sage Line 50 for a few years and have never encountered this problem before. Do you know what could be causing this and how to correct it?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Josie.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 16 May 2006, 10:02

I can't remember the version that this was an issue with, but I am pretty sure a service pack was issued to fix it. I suggest you download the latest fixes for your version and install them.

http://www.sage.co.uk/updates/line50.aspx
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Josie

Post by Josie » 16 May 2006, 14:30

Thanks for your help.

We've still got version 9 (which I realise must be quite old by now). I downloaded the latest fixes as you suggested and tried using the 'fix' button within maintenance. Unfortunately, the same 17 errors are still there. However it did get rid of some 'Warmings' which appeared at the same time as these errors, so it was still helpful.

Do you have any other ideas for fixing these errors?

I also have some comments saying 'foreign amount paid is negative'.

Thanks,

Josie.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 17 May 2006, 14:39

I assume everything is fine apart form the warnings?

Have you rebuilt the indexes and compressed the files?

Have you tried running fix again, sometimes things took two runs to get fixed.

If all else fails, I could look at it for you on a "no fix - no fee" basis.

Bruce
http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/support.htm
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.