Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

correcting employment allowance from previous years

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Mrs Jaye
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

correcting employment allowance from previous years

Post by Mrs Jaye » 21 Jan 2021, 11:13

Hi, hoping someone can help.

I did not claim for employment allowance in 17/18 and 18/19 (oversight!). I have now claimed for both years and received a credit in November 20 on my HMRC paye account for £436.49.

When paying my paye/nic due for Nov 20, i reduced the amount owed of £620.48 by the £436.49 credit on my account and paid £183.99. It now looks on my nominal account as if I still owe the £439.49. How do I clear this as the credit is from previous accounting years?

I thought a journal debit to the paye/nic account and a journal credit to mispostings?

Thanks in advance for any help.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: correcting employment allowance from previous years

Post by brucedenney » 21 Jan 2021, 11:25

You have made the adjustment in real life, but not in sage.

All you need to do is to reflect the change in Sage.

It is a journal between the PAYE/NI Liability account to the account you use to record your employment allowance in the p&l.

The liability account should return to zero and the p&l should now show the gain from taking up the allowance.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Mrs Jaye
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: correcting employment allowance from previous years

Post by Mrs Jaye » 21 Jan 2021, 11:40

Ahh, that makes sense. Thank you so much for your help :) really appreciated.