Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Filtering reports

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Office1
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Filtering reports

Post by Office1 » 10 Dec 2020, 17:09

Hi there,

I would like to be able to run a report for a specific supplier showing the Ex.Ref column that is shown when entering their invoice, is this possible ?

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Filtering reports

Post by brucedenney » 11 Dec 2020, 12:45

Yes

BUT

You need to think about this, the extra ref is not on the invoice header, it is on the split, so each split could have a different extra ref.

Do you want to list the splits with the extra ref, or do you want to list the headers where the first/last transaction has that extra ref?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Office1
User
User

Post by Office1 » 11 Dec 2020, 14:41

Hi there,

As its a haulage company, we need to keep an eye on fuel usage.

Im not sure what a split is. Anyway, I want to export a repot to show supplier invoice details from the following headings date, invoice no. (vehicle reg no.s are entered under Ex. Ref), amount of fuel is entered under details, then net, vat etc.

Hope this is a bit clearer.

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 11 Dec 2020, 14:58

I assume the report is at the split level, so you should be fine, just add a criteria for the audit_split.extra_ref and yo should be able to enter a vehicle registration number and get the details.

I would not do it as a report in Sage, because there is a risk/chance/probability that data will be entered inconsistently, eg uppercase or lowercase or with or without spaces, then there is a risk that someone might forget to put a registration number on a transactions.

Running a report on a vehicle will only tell you about that one vehicle, not give you a breakdown of the fuel expenses across all the vehicles, highlighting any unallocated expense.

What I would do is to extract all the fuel transactions from sage into excel, force the extra ref to be uppercase, possibly strip out any spaces, possibly add in period grouping.

Then make a pivot table from that, so you can see for each period, what each vehicle spent and what fuel was not assigned to any vehicle.

If there is an error, a mistyped registration or a blank entry, you can look it up on the raw data, find the entry in sage correct it and refresh the sheet.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Office1
User
User

Post by Office1 » 11 Dec 2020, 15:12

will give it a try, thanks so much for you help.