Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

BOM allocation.

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
ian332isport
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

BOM allocation.

Post by ian332isport » 23 Nov 2020, 17:04

Hi,

Assuming you have a top level part with a BOM. Is there a way to allocate parts against that BOM so they don't show as free stock?

We have a situation where some, but not all the BOM parts are available, so we can't do a stock transfer on the top level part (which will allocate all the BOM parts), but we would like to allocate the parts we do have available. Kind of like a stock transfer that only transfers the parts that are available.

I'm guessing the answer in no, but thought I'd check :D

Thanks,
Ian.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: BOM allocation.

Post by brucedenney » 24 Nov 2020, 10:43

The answer is no.

I guess it might be possible to script something with ImportPlus to create a dummy Sales order, allocate stock to it, then have a deallocation procedure when you are ready to transfer stock. Or you could use the miniman approach and do an automated stock deallocations and transfer based on goods coming back into stock from a Works PO.

It all depends so much on the circumstances.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.