Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sage to Excel reports

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Office1
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Sage to Excel reports

Post by Office1 » 28 Sep 2020, 14:49

Hi there,

Up to recently I have been able to export / send my sage 50 account reports to excel no problem. Now, however, Im getting a blank page in Excel. Ive gone into the trust center a few times and made sure all of the boxes are unticked and Sage is listed under trusted locations. Ive tried using the EIR function (Sage buttom) on toolbar, but it does not list all the reports, not the ones I want anyway.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sage to Excel reports

Post by brucedenney » 28 Sep 2020, 14:55

I have always had issues with EIR.

I now use ODBC to pull data from Sage, it is easier and quicker and works with the 64bit versions of Office.

Go to help>about>in the third column at the bottom is an entry for Microsoft Office ... what does it say?

If you have installed a new version of office did you remember to not accept the defaults and to specifically install the 32 bit version?

Are you able to use the File>Microsoft Integration>Contents to Excel option to send the current screen contents to excel?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Office1
User
User

Post by Office1 » 28 Sep 2020, 16:32

Hi yes its 64 gbit. I am able to use EIR when loged in as manager but as I said not all reports are listed.

Office1
User
User

Post by Office1 » 28 Sep 2020, 16:42

sorry, nothing happens when I select File, Microsoft Integration and Contents to Excel !

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 29 Sep 2020, 10:25

You need to uninstall and re-install the 32bit version.

64bit is not fully supported
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Office1
User
User

Post by Office1 » 29 Sep 2020, 10:28

Apologies, I just looked under help in Excel and its 32bit.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 29 Sep 2020, 11:20

The fact that you cant send contents to excel, suggests it is an office installation / communication issue.

Have you done anything to change office?

Go to help>about>in the third column at the bottom is an entry for Microsoft Office ... what does it say?

Is it reporting the correct version of MS Office?

You could have multiple versions installed which would cause issues.